Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design your layout using GUIBB

ravish_ojha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question regarding GUIBB, is it possible to design your own layout/UI (without using WD freestyle) using GUIBBs.

I want to create a UI containing a dropdown with some options on the initial landing page, based on the selection chosen, the next/following page will have some attributes enabled/disabled. which guibb could be used for this particular or do I need a freestyle WD based UIBB to create the layout here?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do without WD UI elements . For your  requirement have to use FORM GUIBB.

Thanks,

Sabariraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravish,

In your case as Jens said you can make a use of form GUIBB for the initial screen as well for your further proceeding pages.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ravish,

I don't know whether you are familiar with the FPM or not. The FPM offers various floorplans (OVP, OIF, GAF) in which you can incorporate vaarious GUIBBs (such as a Search, List, Form, Form Repeater, etc.) and of course free-style UIBBs as well. There are, in addition, some kind of Layout UIBBs provided by the FPM, such as the Tabbed UIBB (for Master-Detail scenarios) and the Composite UIBB (for non Master-Detail scenarios) that itself can contain all kind of GUIBBs and UIBBs.

Your case look, at a first glance, very simple. In your FPM application (e.g. an OVP) you need a Form GUIBB containing a drop-down list box on one page and another Form GUIBB with some fields. Since I don't know the details I cannot provide more information. In particular, since you talk about a Landing Page, I'm not sure whether we talk about the same here.