cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Support and Maintenance - Community Forum or Incident Management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After a bit of looking I only recently stumbled across this forum and was immediately sold on the primary goal within the Overview:

"Our primary goal is to engage in an open dialogue around support topics and to provide you the opportunity to share ideas and advice."

Update my profile  -  check

Engage the RSS feeds  -  check

Search recent content for topics of interest  -  <insert sound file of screeching brakes>

At first I thought the 'Recent Activity' was an automated feed from the SMP Support portal.  After all, in my mind, isn't this where issues are reported/corrected?  However further investigations revealed that this site seems to be largely used as an incident management system.

My interpretation of the site's primary goal is that 'support topics' refers to topics for discussion, pertinent updates, blogs, valid conversation points, etc. however I can see the interpretation of 'support topics' could also refer to support issues/incidents.

Perhaps I am in the minority however your feedback would be appreciated.  Should break-fix and consulting type requests be permitted within this forum or restricted to other available channels (e.g. Support portal)?

Regards,

Gregg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for raising this point!  It is something we have been struggling with in this space for quite some time.  There are various SAP Product related spaces in SCN that people should be utilizing to ask their product questions.  I just added an announcement on the home page of Software Support and Maintenance here:

We try to move the discussions to the relevant product areas, but as you can imagine and have seen, that can sometimes be a hard thing to keep up with.

As you mentioned above 'My interpretation of the site's primary goal is that 'support topics' refers to topics for discussion, pertinent updates, blogs, valid conversation points, etc.'

That is the purpose of this space.

Thanks for raising this question!

Best regards,

Kristen

Answers (0)