cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Urgent Change Action - Pass Urgent Change to Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a 4-tier landscape (DEV, SIT, QAS, PRD) and looking at implementing Urgent Change Type.

Once the developer has completed the urgent change development in DEV, he would select the Action "Pass Urgent Change to Test". In a traditional 3-tier landscape, this would simply import the urgent change transport request to QAS system and tester will take over from there.

In a 4-tier landscape, this seems to be trickier. Has anyone implemented Urgent Change in a 4-tier landscape before? Just wondering if a single Action "Pass Urgent Change to Test" can trigger off an import to both SIT and QAS system. I do understand that Normal Change in a 4-tier landscape would require the developer to go to Task List and manually execute transport imports for SIT and QAS before switching to TEST phase. Urgent Change Type are the Task List driven.

Would appreciate if anyone share their experience in this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

As per my knowledge standard Charm's workflow do not support a 4 - tier landscapes. It only supports 3 - tier landscapes.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar,

Standard ChaRM is designed for 3 tier, but through reading the forums and note, I do see references to 4 tier landscape setup.

SAP note 1531565 and 1690362 talk briefly about it....

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

If you are using standard workflow for 4-tier , once give the "Successfully Tested" it start importing in the PRe-PRD system.

Created

In Development

To Be Tested

Successfully Tested

Authorized for Production

Imported into Production

If u want the new status for PRE-PRD system and control the PRE-PRD system import, create new status sample shown below

Created

In Development

To Be Tested in QAS

Successfully Tested in QAS

To Be Tested in PRE-PRD

Successfully Tested in PRE-PRD

Authorized for Production

Imported into Production

It all are depond upon your requirement, if you customize the ChaRM workflow will able to support 4, 5 , 6-tier system ... also

Assign the action: IMPORT_TEST for new user status(To Be Tested in PRE-PRD ) refer the user status E0004 for reference.

like you need to configure the workflow. refer the below guide

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/06/how-to-insert-a-new-...

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Is it possible for Urgent change as well as normal change to have more that 3 tier landscape???

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar,

yes. possible to design the custom workflow for more than 3 tier landscape in ChaRM.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thanks for that.

I have put in the additional user status for Pre-Prod and copied the actions ZMHF_TO_BE_TESTED and ZMHF_TESTED_AND_OK.

When i run a test UC TR into Quality and choose Action "Confirm Successful Test in Quality", the user status gets updated to "Successfully Tested in Quality", but the import of UC TR kicked-off into Pre-Prod which is not required yet.

How can I prevent this from happening? I would like to use the action "Pass Urgent Change to Pre-prod" to kick off the Pre-Prod transport import.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

Remove the IMPORT_TEST action for particular user status . So it will prevent to import the Pre-prd system.

Setting:

Spro -> Change Request management frame -> Make Settings for Change Transaction Types

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Many thanks for that, I went over to the Conditions folder and amended E0005 PREP_FOR_PROD from cancel to information.

I was able to progress to the next user status and got the TR imported to Pre-Prod.

Thanks

Ferris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

For 4-tier landscapeusage nned to do the customizing in the workflow .

Needs to add new status profile , action , condition for Pre-PRD system .

Please check the below link for how to add new action in the ChaRM, use this reference and add a new action and status in urgent change.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/06/how-to-insert-a-new-...

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/07/17/request-for-change-a...

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I did a search and found two notes that talk about 4 tier landscape for ChaRM.

1531565 and 1690362.

Seems like 4 tier is supported on Urgent Change. My thoughts would be to have the Action "Pass Urgent Change to Test" to import transports to both SIT and QAS system at the same time, then hand over to the Tester.

Not sure if adding more status would help for now....have u successfully implemented Urgent change in a 4 tier landscape?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

I have 4 tier landscape with working Urgent Change.

its is very simle to customize for it.

Let me know if you need information for customization.

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

The setup of the landscape is DEV>SIT>QAS>PRD.

For Urgent change, the developer would just need to create the change and release it. the releasing would need to go to both SIT and QAS. the action "Pass Urgent Change to Test" in the CRM UI only release and import the TRs to the next single ECC system.

I am looking for a solution to get those the action "Pass Urgent Change to Test" to import to both SIT and QAS at the same time.

Have you done something similar?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ferris,

This is more related to Transport Routes not to CHARM, speak with your Basis team.

As workaround you can try to play with Actions, f.e. one action Pass Urgent Change to Test SIT performed manually by choosing from Actions menu, while other action starts when Urgent change reaches status "Pass Urgent Change to Test SIT" schedule it automatically to trigger action than changes status to other f.e. Pass Urgent Change to Test in SIT QAS.

The point is you will only do 1 action, second will do system. And for this you dont need any BASIS or ABAP, only customization for SPPFCADM.

Regards Dan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ferris, also look at this note. Its about parallel production system, but may be you will achive something from it.

999944 - Change Request Management: Distributing urgent corrections

Rg Dan