cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation error with Tree in Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to display the detail data on view V_DETAIL1 on click action from a list view V_LIST1 and I'm getting the following error:

Subnode V_LIST2.LIST does not exist

The ABAP call hierarchy was:

Method: GET_CHILD_NODE_INTERNAL of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: ONLINKTOACTION of program /1BCWDY/UYNSNOLDKDCJ3BG9S0MJ==CP

Method: ONLINKTOACTION of program /1BCWDY/UYNSNOLDKDCJ3BG9S0MJ==CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/UYNSNOLDKDCJ3BG9S0MJ==CP

Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP

Method: FIRE_EVENT of program CL_WDR_COMPONENT==============CP

Method: _IF_WDR_INTERNAL_API~RAISE_EVENT of program SAPLWDR_RG_PROXY_FACTORY

Method: IF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER~FIRE_ON_CLICK_EVT of program /1BCWDY/P444R6TNIEUE1IGEM7B4==CP

The twist on my test scenario is that my application has a TREE for menu options...

My app is composed by two view containers: the one on the left, for menu options, and the one on the right, for main area. So, when I click in an option on the TREE, let's say OPTION2, the outbound plug is fired and display the view V_LIST2 on the main area (connected by a navigation link). The search is done, the list has been displayed on an ALV with a hotspot column, I click on a cell for detail and the detail is displayed on the view V_DETAIL2.

So far so good... My problem presents itself when I use the TREE to navigate to another menu option, let's say OPTION1, and try to consult the detail on that list (V_LIST1/V_DETAIL1). My guess is that the error occurs because I'm jumping directly from a detail view of an option (or even a list view) to another option without hitting the back button or leaving the current view properly (outbound plug).

On the ABAP call hierarchy I have two calls to method ONLINKTOACTION, one for the current view (V_LIST1) and one for the view that I just left (V_LIST2). It's like the navigation stack didn't consider close the navigation of view V_LIST2 because the outbound plug was never fired.

Maybe I'm missing a clear or something... I've been struggling with this for some time now... I've tried modeling the consult of the detail data by calling another window, but the issue persist.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Valeska

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valeska,

Plz name of the node.In the V_LIST2 view, there is no node LIST.

If you have written the code like this,

lo_nd_node = wd_context->get_child_node( 'LIST' ).

name of the node should be in capitals and with in single qotes. if the name of the node is wrong, then you will get this error message.

Note: If you can share screen shot of the context and code what you have written, i can help you completey in solving this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for your reply... I have good news! When I was looking deeper in the error to give you further information about it, I found that the problem was because I was reusing the same ALV Component in both views. So, the method ONLICKACTION kept the reference of the node who executed it first.

I'm sorry about the fuss!

Hope my experience ends of being usefull for someone.

Thanks!

Valeska