I am a newbie to IDM please suggest me how to proceed

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For Identity center Management console, VDS, Runtime components, just to a fresh installation on the target.

For Idm database, do a system copy of database from source to database. For more information, please refer to the following How to guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b036d90e-4e8a-3010-4584-aaccadf61...

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I an planning to export source for Apps server and Database server through Sapinst,then do a system copy of dim database using the guide you mentioned.

My question is when I do the import on Apps server on target will it not copy Vds, sql server studio and ui?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per my knowledge, it will not copy VDS, SQL server management studio and UI.

Easy way is, to install the same version of VDS, SQL Server management studio and UI on target

And do a system copy of IDM database.

May be this thread can help you to decide on your approach.

All the best,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. got it after the Target system is ready ...on Apps server need to Install VDS, SQL studio and UI....on DB server need to Install IDM database and then perform system copy for IDM database

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Please note that you can not move IDM via SAPINST that I am aware of. 

Please read the linked document carefully and you should be able to do it. Also note that there is a file you will need to download from SAP that can be found here.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If your question is answered, please close the thread and award points if applicable!

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Started the import of as java on apps node and Installed SQL sever +IDM schema on db node.

For IDM system copy both source and target must be on the same network or any virtual could do because all the IDM data will be copied from source directly to the target ?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I don't believe that there is any requirement that the move has to be on the same network.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

How does the IDM data get populated from source to target if they both are not in network. There should be some sort of connection between the source and target, since the entire system copy is done all the way from source.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a prerequisite that both the source and the target can be accessed at the same time (be on the same network). This should be clarified better in the document, and I'll try to update it.

Best regards,

Mia

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mia,

That makes sense.  My thoughts were more along the line that working with the DBAs you could do the copy on the same network and then move the database over.

Thanks for the clarification (and making me clarify things!)

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mia,

Thanks for the reply. I have made the source and target on the same network temporarily. I have started the system copy function on the source...All seems to be OK...Is there any way we can see the progress of the system copy either in source or target.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

no I'm afraid we don't have the ways to track the progress other than the system copy jobs that are running on your source system.

Best regards,

Mia

Answers (0)