Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get values from Dynamic screen of BOP Variant

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to APO. I have a requriement to add a new field in BOP variant (TCODE: /SAPAPO/BOP). I have added it in the standard structure /SAPAPO/BOP_CATALOG_FILTER and make it available in the IMG for selectiong Filter Criteria for a Filter type. i have created an implicit enhancement for applying my logic. I have fetched the values from the stored variant and try to process and it works as per the SAP Note 376773. But if you see in the screen, there is an button like "DISPLAY LIKE" in the application toolbar of the variant screen. Even if the variant is stored, User may change the value and then click "DISPLAY LIKE". I could get only the values from the variant stored and not dynamically which user enters. Standard SAP gets the dynamic values explicitly. They have coded for every field explicity.

Could anyone please help me out hw to get the dynamic selection for custom fields? Please find attachments

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Looks like the attachments are missing in the above post. But, I have gone through the question and I understood it to certain extent.I have written a blog post on this sometime back and you may want to refer this

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44443

Usually standard SAP creates a field called GR_ERD01, GR_ERD02, GR_ERD03....etc., for all the newly created fields that were adding by extending the BOP Catalogue filter. So, the filter user exit is something that you need to use to identify the newly added fields and perform the actions accordingly. For standard fields filter user exit mentioned in the above link is not required.

Please let me know if I incorrectly understood the question so that I can provide some more feedback further. At the moment, I am hoping that above link helps you to understand as how the addition of fields to the filter variant works.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari
SCM APO Consultant

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Babu. As you mentioned, this was the exact approach i followed initially. It is also as in the note 376773. Actaully i neglected that User Exit because of the performance issue. Since CT_BUFFER doesn't have much details which suits my requirement, there is a need to fetch some details again from Livecache which causes this performance issue. My requirement is to just provideSourcing due date as selection criteria for a BOP filter not anyother.

Standard SAP fetches the orders only based on Material, Source location and distribution location. If these selection criterias are not inlcuded, then all the Orders are fetched from Livecache and then negelcting the orders based on the other selection criterias provided. So i have created an implicit enhancement here in order to avoid livecache selection again(in Userexit) and same spot as of Standard SAP neglection of Orders.

Anyway it is helpful for me. Appreciated!

The issue is, you could be finding a button like "DISPLAY LIKE" in Variant screen of /SAPAPO/BOP tcode. If user enters the Selection criteria without saving as a variant and he clicks the button "DISPLAY LIKE", then my code doesnt bring the dynamic values. It gets only the stored variant values as per the FMs which you mentioned and even i have used the same as well. Here im facing the situation like "Always user has to store the values as variant and then he has to see or process the Orders".

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rameshkumar_ramasamy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Since i couldn't find any solution, we asked to store as Variant even if he wants to see the result (thr 'DISPLAY LIKE').