cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the responsibilities of Basis team and Infra team?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please hightlight and let me know as I am new in support project is there any way to know whom to contact for different issue when not sure whether issue is related to Basis team or Infra team.

Please share your views and guide me.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Iñaki Vila ,and have already said  most of the things.So,I think you are more comfortable now.

Please refer below blow also.I hope it will give you more clarity.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/09/11/keys-roles-and-responsibilty-of-s...

Regards,

Abhi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks iaki.vila,ambrish.mishra and for your help.

Thanks Abhinav Verma for your detail expliannation in your blog.nicely crafted.It is more clear now.

Regards,

Ravi

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

IMO, your primary contact as a PI consultant should the Basis team and if something is Infra related, Basis can get them involved since they know what they handle and what Infra does and they work closely.

Ain't it easy for you ?

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely the answer is to ask the people you are working with - it's difficult for us as outsiders to your company/organisation/structure to know the answer.

You will get a much better and more accurate answer by asking the people around you, rather than letting us guess to try and help.  Also, by speaking to the people around you it enables you to start building relationships and networks in your own team as well as the basis and infrastructure teams, which will no doubt help in future.

Gareth.

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check the below document. Hope it will be helpful.

Roles, Responsibilities and Skill Sets in a PI Environment

Regards,

Pranil.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The basis team responsabilities are related about the installation, upgrades and notes application, when this applicattion involve to update any PI component. Also, they should to manage the connectivity problems like firewalls, open ports, dmz zones, OS issues, etc. Sometimes the lines could be trespassed, thePI consultan should to can change PI parametrization under basis supervision because if for example you enable the monitorization you can down the system in an overload situation. It depends the adapters tha you will use you will need basis assistance like a DB manager, JMS support, etc.

Summing up, when you need external PI assistance like network issues, third systems problems, PI configuration or changes which they can affect the system integrety; then the basis team must appears.

Regards