cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI 7.3 patch 4 hotfix 2 - History not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

History is not working for one of my users on SAP GUI 7.3 patch level 4 hotfix 2.

This history works for all other users that I know of on this version of SAP GUI.

The file exists in the History folder.

SAPHistory<user>.mdb

When you make a connection to a SAP system, the connection is supposed to open the mdb file and create an associated ldb file:

SAPHistory<user>.ldb

For this one computer, it does not work.  The ldb file is not created.  Tried deleting the history file expecting a new history file to be created but it did not work.

Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1

In the SAP GUI Options/Configuration, the Local Data -> History shows:

• History status:  On (tried Immediate as well but didn't work)
  • Expiry Time:  3
  • Maximum Permitted File Size:  20
  • Maximum Number of Entries:  20
  • Enable History for Fields Up to:  59
  • Directory for Input History:  c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\History

Confirmed all connections are setup for High Speed Connection.

Confirmed history is allowed for the fields on the SAP screen.

Ran a full trace in SAP Configuration.  In the SAP AG, Trace File in the section "Init local history"

Everything is exactly the same as a working computer except when the following message is received:

CSapHistoryDb::OpenDB(1): ADODB.Connection Provider cannot be found.  It may not be properly installed.

The next line actually has the password to the history mdb file.  I was able to open the mdb file in MS Access successfully so the original history file is not corrupted.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rusty,

Can you have that one user go to anther users PC and see if it works?  You can also run a SAP GUI 7.30 Health Check.  If you see some error's consider running NWSAPSetup /repair from a command line.

Example:

Cheers,

Dan Mead

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rusty,

Please try this note

867131 History: EAI Viewer changes SAPGUI settings

regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude for the information.  I did find that note but it is not applicable to SAP GUI 7.3.  I did implement the registry entry though and it did not make a difference.

The note you mention references SQL error messages where the error message I'm getting is about opening the database SAPHistory<USER>mdb.  CSapHistoryDb::OpenDB(1): ADODB.Connection Provider cannot be found.  It may not be properly installed.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rusty

1. Kindly refer the SAP Notes

1760341  - History: new DB Microsoft.ACE driver instead of JET

1860270  - History is sometimes not shown when the input field in scrol

2. In the SAPGUI system connection properties have you set the network speed high connection?

3. Are you using the MS office 64 bit version? reinstall the MS office 32bit refer the SAP Note 1442028  - SAP GUI for Windows: No support for Office 2010 64bit.

Regards

Sriram