cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factors to consider while taking no.of pricing procedures in implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any one guide me in considering no.of pricing procedures in implementation

I hope you people give me a great guidance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Every consultant may have their own Logic to decide number of pricing procedure but I will say mine.

• I always start with Least Numbers. (So Let's start with 1 pricing procedure as Standard Sales)
  • Then I start evaluating that how many Business processes are applicable to business. (i.e. Standard Sales / Stock Transfer Order / Export Sales / Deemed Export / Credit Memo / Debit Memo / Any Special Scenarios)
  • Then I decide base structure of Pricing Procedure and try to understand how many scenarios can be mapped under One Pricing Procedure and for which Scenario I will need separate Pricing procedure and why.
  • These will give clear Idea that how many minimum number of Pricing Procedure will be needed.
  • Now, Next Level I will start with analysis that Under specific Pricing Procedure how many Product Line of client falls and Can all fit in specific Pricing Procedures and not then why? That will give idea if still more pricing procedures are needed or not.

This will almost give clear Idea about number of Pricing Procedures applicable.

At broad level based on experience I can say, You will need generally below Pricing Procedures separate:

• Domestic Sales
  • Export Sale
  • Stock Transfer Order
  • Credit Note / Debit Note
  • Manual Pricing Procedure

You can take this as base for your decisions and try evaluating as per above mentioned method.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MJ ,

You did a great job.

Product line based,means like services,products.In this case pricing procedures are to be estimated is it right?

Actually if business is within country we consider Export sale.

when coming to Manual pricing procedure ,I think we usually configure condition type to enter manually,but why Manual Pricing procedure.

Regards,

Daniel

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes you are correct, When I referring Product Line means, It can be services or Products. Within products it can be Commodities or Manufactured Products or some others. So If clients way of determining pricing is different and structure is different then we can take decision accordingly.

If business is within Country for Customers it will be Domestic sales and if Outside Country it will be Export Sales and normally it's pricing structures are different.

About Manual Pricing, Sometimes it happens that Lots of Products like Assets / Engineering Materials / Scrap Material may not have fixed price and it would be decided based on negotiation with Customer. So for them we will have to add price manually. Now for Routine Product sales your price will be coming from VK11.

Also, For Scrap/Assets/Engineering materials sale tax structures can be different so I normally prefer to keep it separate then Normal sales Pricing.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

List down (not in SAP but in an excel sheet or piece of paper) how the net price is calculated.

e.g.

Structure1 -

Price

- discounts

+ surcharges

+ tax

If for processes, or materials - the structure (above example) is same, then you can have the same pricing procedure.

If structures are different, then you need different procedures.

Take an example where pricing procedure would be different -

a process where there are no discounts and surcharges

Structure2 would be -

Price

+ tax

So you need two procedures, one for normal sales - structure1 and the other for this process - structure2.

Helpful links -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2031837

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2034430