cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Issue on Billing Document!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting a critical error while i do the complete flow from SD Order to Billing Document (Sales Order > Delivery > Billing Document).

As you can see the Document Flow below all the Documents are created on same date 25.10.2013

On Sales Document the 'Req Delivery Date' and 'Billing Date' are appearing as below:

On 'Delivery Document' the dates are appearing as:

But the 'Billing Date' on Billing Document is appearing incorrectly as 15.10.2013:

I have thoroughly checked the Copying Control but couldn't find a solution.

Please Help.

Regards,

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

if you've checked copy control, then please check if when billing,  someone set manually a billing date in VF01, VF04 (tab default data), if there's some coding in RV60AFZC (USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP) or if tcode VFP1 has no entries with that data.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Joan,

I believe you have got the issue right, the Userexit (USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP) is used in Program RV60AFZC with some coding.

Also when I use T.Code VFP1, I saw the back date with the Number Range assigned to Billing Type and that date is appearing on the Billing Document when I use T.Code VF01.

Kindly tell me what is needed to be done to correct my transactions.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

question is ... has it happening to several billing documents? Has it happened in a specific date?

VFP1 is a tcode used to force a billing date by number range which is useful, for instance end month processes to force billing documents during closing month. If data in VFP1 was empty before your issue, and depending to questions set above, it's not the source of your problem.

Check if field VBRK-FKDAT is updated somehow in userexit RV60AFZC, form USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP.

Check when billing (VF01, VF04) that users set proper billing date manually in case they do. Check also if you use a variant for those tcodes. If so, check date for billing date field.

Regards,

JM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly tell me what is needed to be done to correct my transactions

Based on the document flow you shared above, since Accounting Document has been generated, you cannot change the billing date.  You have to cancel the billing document and recreate it.  But as already suggested, you need to check why system has taken a wrong date in the billing exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JM,

Please find the reply below for your questions.

Has it happening to several billing documents? Has it happened in a specific date?

Yes it is happening to several billing documents. The date is not the same for every document it is getting changed.

If data in VFP1 was empty before your issue.

No the data in VFP1 was not empty.

Check if field VBRK-FKDAT is updated somehow in userexit RV60AFZC, form USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP.

No, VBRK-FKDAT is not there in RV60AFZC, form USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP.

Check when billing (VF01, VF04) that users set proper billing date manually in case they do.

Yes users are updating the date properly while they do it manually.

Check also if you use a variant for those tcodes. If so, check date for billing date field.

No, standard T.Codes are used in our system.

I hope it will help you to identify the issue.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

I have chosen the documents which were already created thus the Accounting Documents are visible here. Of Course, i have checked the Copying Control but not able to find the root cause to solve the issue.

Regards,

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems, according to your replies, issue is in VFP1. When someone sets dates there, they have highest priority and system picks them as billing date. As explained, this is a good transaction to use for end closing periods where you may need to bill all pending documents in the closing month. Once last billing for the period is completed, you have to delete data in VFP1.

Only way to solve already billed documents would be to cancel them and bill again (now checking billing date and if needed, setting it manually). If periods are closed better check with financial department.

Regards,

JM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did this have been resolved

Pradeep

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

the answer with the reference to transaction VFP1 had been marked as correct.

Appearantly a date had been assigned to the number range used for the invoice.

Quite surprising, because such a setting defines that all invoice documents created with this number range, will get as default invoice date VBRK-FKDAT the predefined date from this VFP1 transaction.

LIKP-FKDAT and also manual default date is overruled in this case:

In above example  for number range 19 (TVFKD-NUMKI) I have defined a date as 15.11.2014 (TVFKD-FKDAT) in VFP1. Then in the data transport coding shown in the screen-shot, this predefined date is taken over, and the filled date from LIKP-FKDAT (13.11.2013) is replaced by this VFP1 date in VBRK-FKDAT.

This is a strong setting, and makes the invoice date determination inflexible, I wonder in what business situations VFP1 is really used and why? The reason "month end closing" given by JM above is not very clear to me. To be able to close the month and start a new period you anyway have to invoice all relevant documents, why should this be made with a specific date. To get the current date the user who creates the invoices could define a default date in VF01 and VF04.

And here appearantly it had been forgotten, the VFP1 date is in the past (15.10.2013) when the real  goods issue date (25.10.2013) is later. Then a wrong invoice date is taken over.

I would not recommend this VFP1 setting, or if it is used, carefully it would have to be always monitored, if the date is still valid.

Best regards,

Tobias

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

What you said is right,tried in ides by setting VFP1 date,the PGI date is different from billing date in VF02.Even in document flow the  current date only flows.But in Invoice the date have changed.

In VFP1 i set the date as 11.11.13.

Created the order with today's,delivery ,PGI with today date,invoice created .

Pradeep 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all i am closing this thread.

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh Singh,

checking the data shown on your screen-shots the billing date 15.10.2013 is surprising.

The standard behavior in delivery related billing is to take the billing date VBRK-FKDAT from the delivery LIKP-FKDAT (which would be 25.10.2013), here:

In the delivery the date LIKP-FKDAT is the same as the actual goods issue date (field

LIKP-WADAT_IST😞

So without any other influences in your example the billing date should be 25.10.2013.

Now that you have mentioned, no changes to VBRK-FKDAT in copy control or user-exits are done, then the first question would be, how did the user create the invoice?

Had been a default date used?

If yes, then the default date is overruling the LIKP-FKDAT date.

Or had the invoice date been manually changed by the user? .

If no manual modifications are responsible then next question would be if for this payer a special factory calendar is used?

But even if so, it would be surprising that the billing date is dated back from 25.10.2013 to 15.10.2013.

Your ABAP consultants should check the invoice creation phase in debugging with watchpoint on VBRK-FKDAT.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

Can u share a screen shot of the item category used?

Regards

Pronojit Gupta

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friend,

Check the copy control customization for the same and confirm.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

It may be sales order date or PO date please check

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in your copy rules, what VOFM routine you have set in this field, and read the coding if there is any setting for VBRK-FKDAT.

Check also this post: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3372463

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo