cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of services for Standard Fiori Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have enhanced UI5 page for Fiori Paystub app , we have changed the label in the page from Paystub to Payslip by changing property file .

We have also uploaded the same via /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD and now our changes are in Z service which is Z_UI_PAYSLIP .

We can see this service active in SICF , also the BSP application .

Now when we try to configure the OData URL  -  /sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_UI_PAYSLIP/?$format=xml  it gives not found error

Let us know if we have missed out any steps here .

Steps that we are following - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fiori/fiori10_extend_en.pdf

Regards

Sunanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanda,

I believe Z_UI_PAYSLIP is for app and not for OData. Please double check.

What kind of runtime error did you get when you run the Z_UI_PAYSLIP app?

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group -RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki

We are following the guide for Fiori Enhancement .  So Z_UI_PAYSLIP is my new extended UI page which I have added on the Gateway system I would like to know how to access this enhance UI page .

As per the Fiori enhancement guide which is been mention that as below :

Before you can test your modifications to the UI layer, the paths in the extended app must point to the Gateway

service on your local system.

For example:

● The original path: /sap/opu/odata/GBHCM/LEAVEREQUEST

● The path to your local Gateway service: /sap/opu/odata/sap/ZEXT_LEAVEREQUEST

I was trying to add Z_UI_PAYSLIP in the path given Maintain Service .

Regards

Sunanda

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To access the enhanced ui page go into se80, under repository browser select BSP Application and enter your app name Z_UI_PAYSLIP and click display.  If you expand pages with logic flow you should see your index.html.  Which you could open and test it, the url should be...

http://server:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/Z_UI_PAYSLIP/index.html

If you have a problem make sure the app is activated. 

The other steps you are referring to are for modifying the gateway service which provides the app with data.  If you only require a ui change then these steps are not necessary.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Rapid Innovation Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

My app is active but if i directly execute the BSP application it does not gives the data since it's not pointing to standard OData service .

I would like to know how would the enhance BSP application or UI5 application will get called via standard OData service .

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The odata service that the BSP/UI5 fiori application calls is defined within it.  In the payslip app I believe this is defined in service.js the url should be

sap/opu/odata/sap/SRA006_SRV

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jamie

The steps which I mention in my previous post are from UI enhancement section for SAP Fiori .

When we upload enhanced UI5 application it creates a custom application Z_UI_PAYSLIP so that application has to be configure with standard OData provider . I need details for same .

Regards

Sunanda

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sunanda,

Before you enhance the app, please make sure the standard "My Paystub" app works fine.

Is standard app up and running?

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki

Our standard "My Paystub" is working perfectly fine we have tested that . We only wanted to change the label for this app to "My PaySlip" .

• We downloaded the UI5 code using /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD program
  • Upload the enhanced UI5 page using the same program 
  • Since for standard UI5 application it ask for access key we uploaded our UI5 code with Z name Z_UI_PAYSLIP
  • Now when we try to run our Z_UI_PAYSLIP it gives page not found error then we activated the services and configured them in gateway
  • At present since it's custom build UI5 page all the Fiori theme are not present even though it's copy of standard Fiori .
  • Reason is when we download UI5 code those sapblucrystal file does not get downloaded
  • Another thing I do not understand that as per the document we are not suppose to do any gateway service enhancement for UI layer changes but in this case we are force to do that

Is there anything we are missing in our UI5 page enhancement process we are following the Fiori Enhancement guide

Regards

Sunanda

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the only requirement is to make a label change this should be your process.

Download ui5_hcm_ps_mon app using /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD

Make label change in necessary properties file

Upload app as Z_UI_PAYSLIP using /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD

To access original version

http://server:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_hcm_ps_mon/index.html

To access modified version

Regards,

Jamie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

I tried accessing it the way you mentioned but it gives page not found error and our service was active .

So following is the error message i get .

Webpage error details

Message: failed to load 'sap.ca.common.uilib.utils.UserSettings' from ./resources/sap/ca/common/uilib/utils/UserSettings.js: 404 - NOT FOUND

Line: 41

Char: 10815

Code: 0

URI: http://server:8082/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/z_ui5_hcm_pay/resources/~20130701094600~/sap-ui-core.js

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please take a screenshot showing the modified app in se80. 

When viewing the modified app in se80 open the index.html found under Pages with Flow Logic.  Press the F8 key or click test/execute, this should open the app in the browser.  Take a screenshot of the error in the browser. 

Add the two screenshots to this thread.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Jamie for all your help once we did the upgrade for Payslip app our customization worked perfectly .

It was a issue with upgrade .

Regards

Sunanda

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In segw what was the result of the generate runtime objects?  What's the status shown in the service registration?

Where are you seeing the "not found error" and how did you get there?  Are you attempting to test it in activate and maintain services?  Is the path fully qualified?

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

We have uploaded the enhance UI page /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD , ICF service created with below name Z_UI_PAYSLIP . This service is not available in SEGW  .

Yeah that is corrected I am getting the not found error in activate and maintain services . I was trying to add Z_UI_PAYSLIP in place SRA006_SRV

Regards

Sunanda