cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a jar file rebean.wi when updating 3.1 to 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm updating our java application using the SDK and I met an issue with the jar rebean.wi.jar.

In our jar from 3.1, we have the class com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.occa.WebiReportEngineFactory

But in the jar I get from the installation folder of BO 4.1, we do not have that class anymore.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the stacktrace :

Caused by: com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.CommunicationException: Unable to instantiate ReportEngine.

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.ReportEngines.createReportEngine(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.ReportEngines.getService(Unknown Source)

at flowvm.plugin.node.bo.reportengine.BOWebiReport.<init>(BOWebiReport.java:72)

at flowvm.plugin.node.bo.BOFlowNode.work(BOFlowNode.java:357)

... 16 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.occa.WebiReportEngineFactory

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

at com.crystaldecisions.celib.classloader.ClassLoaderHelper$2.loadClass(ClassLoaderHelper.java:90)

at com.crystaldecisions.celib.classloader.ClassLoaderHelper.loadClass(ClassLoaderHelper.java:145)

... 20 more

I take a look to the pdf file and it seems I do not find any reference to the class "com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.occa.WebiReportEngineFactory" in it :s

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting this exception, when you are trying to instantiate the report engine service?

Can you please attach the piece of code you are using which throws the exception.

Also try to update the jar files of your application to that of BI 4.1. Remove any referrences from XI 3.1 from your classpath and re-run the application.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's happenning when we instantiate the ReportEngines Object.

Here the piece of code concerned :

try {

logger.debug("create report engines instance");

this.reportEngines = (ReportEngines) connection.getEnterpriseSession().getService("ReportEngines");

logger.debug("report engines instance set");

} catch (SDKException e) {

For the cleaning of the JAR's files, I'll re-check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I forget one old jar file (another rebean.XXXX.jar) and the problem does not occur now.

But I'm locked on another problem when I try to export the report...

the line where the problem appears :

Report report = null;

[Lines where report is instantiate properly and in anycase]

report.setPaginationMode(PaginationMode.Listing);

At that point, everything stop and the only stacktrace I have is :

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.CoreException

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.internal.service.CoreContext.destroy(CoreContext.java:254)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.internal.WIReportEngine.close(WIReportEngine.java:184)

at flowvm.plugin.node.bo.reportengine.BOWebiReport.closeSession(BOWebiReport.java:398)

at flowvm.plugin.node.bo.BOFlowNode.closeElements(BOFlowNode.java:541)

at flowvm.plugin.node.bo.BOFlowNode.work(BOFlowNode.java:512)

at be.degroof.flowvm.flow.FlowNode.run(FlowNode.java:79)

at flowvm.plugin.node.section.ProcessSectionFlowNode.work(ProcessSectionFlowNode.java:30)

at be.degroof.flowvm.flow.Flow.work(Flow.java:578)

at be.degroof.flowvm.net.JettyServer$1.handle(JettyServer.java:122)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:337)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:581)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:1005)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:560)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:222)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:417)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:474)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:437)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Do I miss a specific jar file for the export?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This method should work.

For testing, remove all the jars BO from your applications classpath and include all the jars from BI 4.0 installation. No jars from XI 3.1 should be there and test the same.

There is no official list of jars for report engine sdks in BI 4.0 because of the deprecations, so the above test might give us more depth regarding the error.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean all the jars files from "external" folders too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Yes, for testing you need to add all the jar files from the following two locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib\external

As mentioned, please remove all old references of BO XI 3.1 jar files from your classpath and add the above specified jars

Regards,

Shreyans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I add all the jar's and proceed to remove all the un-necessary jar (I can't load so much jar in our project).

The project is working on my local computer

Thank you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do get the same exception when we run our existing code (developed for BO XI 3) with BO XI 4 libraries. When we add all the libraries it is working fine. However we cannot package all the jars with our application due to the size. Kindly please share the jars you added to resolve this issue.

We call the getService method of ReportEngines class passing in the WI_REPORT_ENGINE in instantiate ReportEngine class. But it is throwing the exception

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.occa.WebiReportEngineFactory

Thank you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sathish,

Try the below list.

biplugins.jar

cdz_cluster_mgmt_types_idl.jar

cdzidl.jar

CTPlugin_idl.jar

cvom.jar

cvom_chart_lib.jar

cvom_chart_lib_en.jar

cvom_en.jar

cvom_ui_helpers.jar

dsl_engine.jar

dsl_sdk_commands.jar

dsl_sdk_requests.jar

dsl_sdk_server.jar

dsl_sdk_services.jar

GenericContainer_idl.jar

GenericContainer_proxy.jar

guice-1.0.jar

ie_proxies.jar

IEPlugin_idl.jar

inproc_container.jar

org.eclipse.emf.common_2.4.0.v200902171115.jar

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi_2.4.1.v200902171115.jar

org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.4.2.v200902171115.jar

org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.4.0.v20080421-2006.jar

org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.4.0.v20080516-0950.jar

org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar

protobuf.jar

rebean.common.jar

rebean.wi.adapter.jar

rebean.wi.jar

rebean.wi.model.jar

rebean.wi.server.commands.jar

rebean.wi.server.jar

rebean.wi.server.requests.jar

rom.jar

sdk.core.jar

sdk.core.server.common.jar

sdk.core.server.corba.jar

sdk.core.server.jar

sdk.core.session.cms.jar

sdk.core.session.jar

webi_proxies.jar

xpp3.jar

SL_Plugins.jar

commons-codec-1.3.jar

json.jar

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

I am trying to customise the Launch Pad to allow users to reset their passwords

using Java SDK.We are running on BO 4.1 sp02 and i used the same jar files which are required for

4.0.Not able to find 4 jar files wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar, wxts-asl-3.2.1.jar,backport-util-concurrent-2.2.jar,

certFIPS.jar,Jsf-impl...Can you please suggest where can i get these jar files from ?

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

You would require the below jars.

bcm.jar

biarengine.jar

ceaspect.jar

cecore.jar

celib.jar

ceplugins_core.jar

cesession.jar

corbaidl.jar

ebus405.jar

logging.jar

TraceLog.jar

activation.jar

aspectjrt.jar

axiom-api-1.2.13.jar

axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar

axis2-adb-1.6.2.jar

axis2-kernel-1.6.2.jar

axis2.saaj-1.6.2.jar

certjFIPS.jar

com.sap.js.passport.api.jar

commons-logging-1.1.1.jar

cryptojFIPS.jar

derby.jar

freessl201.jar

log4j.jar

ssljFIPS.jar

wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar

XmlSchema-1.4.7.jar

The list can be found from the developers guide available at

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_bip_java_dg_en.zip

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

Thanks a lot..for the list..I get a ClassNotException error..on running the app Self help serve utility used for resetting password..

Any idea about this..

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide a link from where you found the utility or the code you are using for review.

Also please start a new forum post so that it contains the right problem description as its heading.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the forum i found the utility from..BOXI Password Reset Self-Serve Utility.and i have started a discussion on it..here's the link to it..

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha Padhee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

There are lot of classes and methods that have been deprecated in BI 4.1 Report Engine API's and hence you were unable to find the above mentioned class.

For a complete list of deprecated methods, you may refer the following link:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_rebean_omd.pdf

However, if you can let us know what exactly are you trying to achieve using Report Engine SDK's in BI 4.1, we can try helping you.

Regards,

Shreyans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Can you please let us know what exception you are getting in your application and which method from the code is referrencing the class.

The reason being lot of feature were deprecated in ReportEngine SDKs in BI 4.0 and thus the class files are missing.

Please refer to SAP Note:https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1587987

Thanks,

Prithvi