Webi Input control not displayed on Mobile

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple repore created in Webi,
I'm attaching it

It has only 2 measures coming from eFashion
and I want to create a graph to show only one of them according to user selection.

As you will see, I've created a dummy variable "Revenue/Quantity" and an Input control over it.
I've also created another variable with a simple if function based on the Input control.

It works fine in Webi
But in mobile I don't see the Input control.

We are in BO 4.0 SP5 patch 5.1

Please advice

Shlomi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As of the newest android release, I can now see input controls on Android 5.0.1 (LG G3)

the Three Vertical Dots...top right corner are there.  very nice.

james

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the report to be sure...the filter is the whole page not any one block.

I played with font settings on the phone to see if was something odd there..no changes

Looks good on the tablet.

side note.. the report is several cross tables.  Some of them are chopped off at the bottom on the phone but all are ok on the tablet. 

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I hate to start a new thread...I am also having this issue..basic filter input control not showing up in a Webi.  Only options I have is the menu to change tabs in the Webi.  No other buttons appear across top.

Device is an LG G3  running Android 5.0.1

BOBJ is 4.1 SP4 patch 6 (i believe)

If I open the same report on my Xperia Z tablet running 4.4.4 Android, I see the menu buttons and filtering works fine.

thanks

jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

As far as I know there is no problem with input controls on 5.0.x

Can you confirm if the input control is on page level BUT NOT on block level?

Since phone displays single report part in a screen, if the input control is designed to be on some charts/tables in Webi, then you may not see the filter icon in all pages.

But in tab, since more number of report parts appear in same screen filter icon may be seen.

You can test it by navigating to other pages of the document in phone.

Let me know if the problem is not resolved.

-Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. I have created a variable for my measure and applied an combo box as input filter.

on Mobile its not displaying.

If am creating a filter with the dimension available in the query then, while creating input filter it ask for the ' Apply filter to all report' option.

But if using varible to create input control, It will not give that option.

Plz suggest something

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

I guess combo box appears only for dimension objects and not for measures in Launchpad as well.

What is the BOE server version you are using?

-Regards,

VVH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replay.
my problem of input control is is solved.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Simon Ravindar... they normally appear top right corner as a funnel like button...

Can you attach screenshot of your report in mobile?

simon_ravindar
Explorer
0 Kudos

The input control icon only shows up in the top right next to the refresh button if the input control is assigned to all blocks(Page Body) in the report.

If the input control is only on a single block then you have to tap on that block for the icon.

I believe that you are applying input control to the single block. In this case, you will have to tap and hold that block on ipad screen.

Otherwise, apply it on all the blocks(page Body) in order to see the input control icon next to refresh button.