cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile BI Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is one topic I hate talking about it is licensing. It never seems to be easy and always confusing. I'm in a situation where I just can't seem to get a simple yes/no answer.

Is there a licensing cost to setup and use Mobile BI on an existing BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.0 installation?

I've been to the last two BusinessObjects ASUG User Conferences and have not got one indication that there was a cost. Yet I have a (new) SAP account rep saying differently. Note: The account Rep is our 5th one in six years.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I dont think a seperate license is required for mobile in BI 4.0

It was never used

If you face any error due to licensing, do post!

Also, you can create a support ticket , just in case you want to get a more accurate answer.

However, i am sure that they should agree with the above

Regards,

Atul B

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are two types of licensing: BI Suite and Component Model licensing.

The BI Suite licenses give you viewing rights to all content types and the mobile engine, and that includes Mobile access as well.

The Component Model allows you to license the content types individually, and there Mobile is a separate license, similar to a license for Analysis Office, or Design Studio.

So, it depends which type of licensing you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten,

thanks for the detailed response. My only confusing now is what is the difference between the BI Suite and component licensing?

For example, if our renewal contract lists "BOE Pro (for QRA) CPU" and another line item that lists "BusinessObjects WebIntelligence CPU" and so on, is that considered component licensing?

Thanks again for your help,

Michael

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

Your specific case is best discussed with your account rep. He'd be best prepared to recommend the best steps for your situation.

Karsten