Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where pp will check the stock Requirements

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts

Plz plz forgive me if i am asking basic question

Once we created sales order .. in which T.Code PP will come to know that how much stock they want to produce

i mean after  creation sales order Requirement will be sent to PP So where they will check this much stock we will produce

Dear Moderators plz forgive me , i have checked in Google but not able to find it

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the purpose of MRP. You need to read up on the MRP functionality. MD04 is the nearest transaction to what you are looking for I think. For example, there is a sales order requirement of 10 - it will be displayed in MD04. After running MRP, MD04 will also show a planned order that will cover that requirement.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Noel

i know about MD04 .. But Production team ( pp) they have separate T.Code would be there to check the stock Requirement..?

BZ On daily basis SD run so many Sales orders so automatically will be updated to PP

How they come to know today we have some material requirement is there for this material bz .. they may have so many materials so they cant check always in MD04 every day and for every material .. right

so how to achieve this

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Noel

i found MF60 T.code..

i think it is useful ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

To expand on expert Noel's answer, MRP is the tool.  FYI MRP is used in just about every Enterprise software package, not just SAP's ECC offering; it is basically a worldwide industry standard tool.

MRP is typically run on a regular basis (usually weekly, sometimes nightly, depending on the business requirements).  MRP will read all demands (such as sales orders), all supplies (such as production orders, purchase orders, stock), perform calculations, and will produce a plan that will attempt to address all shortages and all overages.  In ECC you can see the results of a single material in MD05 (it looks just like MD04). 

To your question, MRP will 'notice' all new sales orders, and will AUTOMATICALLY produce  production proposals that will address every one of the shortages created by the sales orders, and so keep supply and demand in balance.  There are some businesses where the entire process is automated, and from the time that the sales order is first entered, until the shipment finally leaves the shipping dock, no planner has to touch the vast majority of orders.  The warehouses, factory floor, and shipping departments automagically receive their marching orders, all driven by plans create by MRP.

As you noted, it would be unreasonable to ask a planner to look at thousands of MD04's or MD05s.  Most materials are just fine, and do not require a planner's attention.  Planners generally work to fix EXCEPTIONS.  MRP produces a listing that includes exceptions (planning problems); this is MD06.  Many planners use this tool to highlight the materials that require their attention.

There are many other details of how MRP addresses all of the common planning problems, which are beyond the scope of this post.  For more info, you might want to actually talk to one of these planners in your company, to see how they do their job.

Best Regards,

DB49