cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route schedule on monthly and not weekly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem statement:- There are a few customers on ex works seafreight delivery bases and the consignments are normally prepared once a month in the warehouse. The trouble is that sales orders have different customer requested and material availability dates (pick dates) so as and when materials are available then the warehouse would receive a pick note for a few items at a time over different days. These items are picked then left in an area of the warehouse until the team is ready to do a consignment. The trouble with this is that it takes up a lot of space in the warehouse.

Ideal situation:- It would be great if all the sales orders material availability dates are aligned to let’s say end of the month so that the logistics team could just run all the picking notes in one go for these customers who are on seafreight. This would resolve the issue of having materials lying around for weeks before they are actually packed.

Possible solutions ( I could think of anyway!):

1.       1) Manually adjust the customer requested dates to end of the month. However this doesn’t guarantee that the material availability dates will be aligned.

2.       2) Create a pick variant for these customers so that  the picking notes are only generated when the logistic team is ready for them. The trouble with this solution is that some orders will appear to be late in the delivery due list and this will cause internal reporting issues...

3.       3) SAP route scheduling. This would at least align the material availability dates in the order and allow 1 pick run for the whole consignment. I’m only aware that this works on weekly bases rather than monthly so not sure if it can be done on monthly bases.

Any bright ideas how I can aligned the material availability dates in the sales orders and schedule for one pick run per month?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As Noel already confirmed, SAP Route Scheduling only works on a weekly basis (see also note 146829 under 'Restrictions').

Another option could be a dedicated shipping point for sea freight. You could then assign a factory calendar to the shipping point representing the days when pick/pack and GI should occur.

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for confirming Bernhard,

The shipping point option sounds interesting. I will looked into this a bit more.

thanks for your support

Peter

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Route Scheduling cannot be done on a monthly basis. It is designed to work on a weekly basis so that is not is not an option for you unless you heavily modify the standard code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Noel for confirming.

Peter

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check any possiblity for the Fixed date/qty or Scheduling Agreements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean but fixed date/qty. Scheduling agreement doesn't fit because you will still have issues with the material availability dates in sales orders depending on lead time etc... I need the lead time to be aligned with the pick date too.

Thanks