cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying of Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am copying company code from 0001 in IDES. But unable to copy it.

System is not creating a new company code.

I want the same chart of accounts as well.

Please tell me where i am going wrong

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what error you are getting

normal procedure

select copy icon in EC01 and give from company code 0001 to your new company code say ABCD.press enter. select yes to copy gl accounts if you want same COA. system will copy database tables from 0001 to ABCD.

then go to edit company code data and position your company code ABCD and change address, currency etc and save

hope this helps

pushkaraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This Error TK455 - "Enter numeric value" in the table TNIW5 can be solved easily if you follow the following steps:

Important: I won't recommend you to do this if you are not a BASIS/ADMINISTRATION professional.

If you know the part of Basis or have some Basis professionals with you, then

1. Go to Client settings screen which normally came when you create a new client. BASIS people know the Tcode for this screen.

2. Change the option from Automatic Recording of Changes to Not recording of any changes for the client you are having the problem. Save and exit. Please don't change any other settings of any other client.

Now you will be able to create the company by copying from company code.

A general instruction to all who try to copy the data and tables from company code 0001 to their new company code then please do read the information message if it pops up about "Automatic Recording of Changes". If this message is coming while copying the company code, 90% chance is that you will not be able to create the company code by copying. So please change the client settings to do not record any changes.

Thank You

Anurag Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gverma gverma

I also faced the problem, the sytem was not coping the company code.

please tell me the message that system prompt at the end of your activity.

It may be "numeric value 12"......

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is showing

1.Enter Numeric value only

2.Activity is cancelled.

Please revert

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually company code can be defined as 4 digit alpha - numeric key.

pushkaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please visit the following link!

The same problem we solved in our ides

<b>Note 547875 - TK455 when you delete or copy company codes</b>

Symptom

When you use Transaction EC01 to delete or copy a company code delivered by SAP, the system issues error message TK455.

Other terms

TNIW5, V_NIW5, TK455, EC01

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is caused by an error in Customizing.

The TNIW5 Customizing table is a table with delivery class = C (= Maintenance only by customers - No SAP import). SAP has delivered entries in the TNIW5 table from earlier releases in the incorrect format (entries with the field contents '12') for the TNIW5-REICHWEITE field.

Don't forget to reward point

Thanks & Best Regards,

Message was edited by:

Muhammad Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did face this problem in ECC 6.0 and have followed this process and could able to solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Mrutyunjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy from one company code to other company code (T.Code:EC01), System will desplay the massages,you have to select just Yes or NO, selection time Read the massege carefully. Then only create the new company code.

if it is useful assigne the points as a way thanks

Regards

gvr