cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in inbound E-mail functioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange issue in inbound E-mails, I have configured inbound functionalty and able to recieve e-mails from my webmail to SAP system, but at the same time am also recieving undeliverable notification with below error:

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator <abcdef.xyz.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 Cannot process message in SAP

System> , here I have changed the e-mail address to abcdef.xyz.com due to security reasons.

Actually the scenario here is, initially SAP system will send PO release approval mail to business team approver webmail ID and this mail consists of two mail-to links (one for Accept and another for Reject ), when ever approver clicks on either of those links it will send one mail to SAP system, after that I am able to recieve the mail into SAP system, but my problem is that at also recieving undeliverable notifications.

If I send normal mail to SAP system, am not getting any undeliverable notifications, issue is with only mail-to links.

I have checked about the same with our exchange server team, but they have concluded that nothing fault from therir end.

Please share your suggestion if any have faced this kind of issue in your prior experience.

Thank you so much in advance !

Kind Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear Arun

do you have any inbound processing in tr so50 or so28? Did you activated the mail system group in tr so16?

Best regards

Jozsef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jozsef,

Thank you so much for the prompt responce !

Yes I have maintained entries in SO50, but not in SO28 and SO16, I request you to please let me know what entries I have to mention there.

Kind Regards,

Arun

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

at first please remove the entry from so50 and check if the mail arrives into r3, use the telnet testaccording the note 607108

Best regards

Jozsef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jozsef,

Thank you for the update, as per your instructions I had deleted the SO50  and still I am able to recieve e-mails into SAP system.

I have already checked the Note 607108, the test went fine as per the note.

Here my issue is after sending e-mail to SAP system, I am getting NDR (un deliverable notifications) into my inbox though SAP system is recieving e-mails.

Here I need a fix for this undeliverable notifications, I still dont know why I am getting such notifications.

Kind Regards,

Arun

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

please set the parameter

ParameterValue
FORCE_NO_DSN_ON_ALLX

into SXPARAMS table and fo another test. see note 797308

Best regards

Jozsef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jozsef,

I have made the changes as per your suggestion in T-code: SM30, but still the same persists.

Please let me know if there are any other soultions.

Kind regards,

Arun Reddy

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arun

you should create sapconnect trace (inbound and outbound) and see if it is requested or not and see if sap sends it out or the mailserver.

Best regards

Jozsef