cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS : ALV grid report with editable checkbox not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed various ALVs that have an editable checkbox. These work fine directly in R3 standard GUI.

However, when I access these transactions via the portal, the ITS versions do not allow the toggling of the checkbox. But I notice on some reports where the checkbox exist but is part of a non-editable grid I can at least toggle the checkbox on or off. Weird.

I have looked for notes and applied note: 1503066. Still did not fix the problem. We are up to level 22 and this note is part of 23. It is relevant but did not fix the issue.

I appreciate I could do an ITS check in the source code and write out a 'normal' field where the user can enter an X or not. But that is kind of clunky and not nice when it is a checkbox specifically that I am after. Does anyone know of a solution for this or a note I may have not yet discovered?

The problem exists whether I used IE or Firefox so it does not appear to be browser related. All the other editable fields work as normal. As I say, normal SAP gui is absolutely fine regards the checkbox aspects.

Thanks all, whether you can help or not  !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What Kernel version and patch level are you using along with SAP BASIS 700 - SAPKB70022.

After you applied note 1503066 did you republish the WEBGUI service in SE80? and clear the ITS cache via transaction SITSPMON and the browser cache?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have returned to the office two days later and this is now working in the DEV system. the system was rebooted and I also manually deactivated the WEBGUI service and restarted it. I had already undertaken the SITSPMON and browser cache after applying the note.

Don't know the EXACT fix categorically, but I guess a system reboot helped.

Thanks Oison for the valid contributions.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Your Root Cause Analysis I believe is correct

System reboot would have deleted the cache but as you said yourself you already did this via transaction in SITSPMON? Perhaps it was the ICM cache been deleted?

Regards,

Oisin

Answers (0)