cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File archive after successfully process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If mapping fails file should not archive, file should archive only if mapping is successful.

we have RFC Lookup in mapping.

Kindly let me know how to do?

thank you.

regards,

chinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IMO, you should always archive the file irrespective of mapping output because in case mapping fails u can make use of alert mechanism for notification. In addition to that, u can also use of multimapping concept and depending upon the RFC lookup output send an email to sender system about the mapping failure/or wrong data.

Lastly, in case you still want to persist with ur req. then i think u can create a java mapping perform ur mapping validations inside it then create target structure and archive the file.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

when the message passed from AE to IE then its difficult to get the control back on AE.

is you sender system is FTP or you are archiving the files in NFS? what is the target system

Cheers

Hidayat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

As far as i know the archiving process in the file adapter cant control if any error appears after.

On the other hand, if your scenario is for example  FILE - RFC, i will change it to an scenario FILE - RFC - FILE doing the archiving process in the last step. Check this link http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69331

Regards.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

i think this is not possible.

Once the channel picks the file and sent for further processing steps that means Sender Comm channel is executed successfully .

so archive is done after comm channel is executed successfully , whether mapping gives an error or not.

Regards

Sai