cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA not present

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect Microsoft Forefront Identity Manger to SAP. Microsoft provides a wsconfig-file to configure the communication with the webservice.

I have to say, that I have virtually no experience with SAP, but I somehow managed to create a webservice and get it running.

My problem is, that the wsconfig-file is referring to some BAPIs (f.e. BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA) which are apparantly not present in my SAP-System.

I have installed the SAP Netweaver ABAB 7.03 Trial. Am I right to assume that I would have to install another module (ECC?!?) in order to get those BAPIs? The wsconfig-file provided by Microsoft is designed for ECC 6.0.

Sorry if this is a bit confused, I really don't see through all those SAP-version, -modules, -packages or what the hell!

So basically my question is: Where can I find the BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA? Has it been removed or does it come with one of these modules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard BAPI . Please check if its active in BAPI tcode.

BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA

Thanks

Rihsi Abrol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or its a function module and can find in Se37 . Please check if its active.

Login in sap --> se37 -- > BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA and click on display.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

thank you for your answer. Could you tell me where in the BAPI Explorer I can find said BAPI?

For some reason the "Hierarchical Tab" stay empty and in the "Alphabetical Tab" there are A LOT of entries and I can't find a way to search in or filter that list... sorry, as I said, I'm really not familiar with SAP.

Also, there a function group that contains this BAPI? Because the webservice needs some more BAPIs and I was hoping that there is a group that contains them since they are at least partly related.

These are the BAPIs I need in addition:

• BAPI_ADDRESSEMP_CHANGE
  • BAPI_ADDRESSEMPGETDETAILEDLIST
  • BAPI_EMPLCOMM_CHANGE
  • BAPI_EMPOYEE_DEQUEUE
  • BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE
  • BAPI_PERSDATA_CHANGE
  • BAPI_PERSDATA_GETDETAILEDLIST
  • BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT
  • BAPI_USER_CHANGE
  • BAPI_USER_CREATE1
  • BAPI_USER_DELETE
  • BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL
  • BAPI_USER_GETLIST
  • BAPI_USER_UNLOCK
  • SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC
  • BAPI_PERSDATA_GETDETAIL
  • BAPI_ADDRESSEMP_GETDETAIL

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already tried that but SE37 sais "Function module BAPI_EMPLOYEE_GETDATA does not exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Bapi is delivered in the SAP_HRRXX Pack.

So if you have SAP-HR pack installed it should be in your system.

What is the SAP-HR level in your system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah that's what I was afraid of. I think I dont have it installed. The only thing I've installed was the SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.03 64-bit Trial (Central System).

Is there also a trial for the HR-pack or would that have to be bought?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of this but you can try to download the SAP-HR addon and try to apply it  . But have not worked much on trial version.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As far as I know the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Trial version is not going to provide you these features.

These are part of the SAP_HR packages.

Regards

RB