Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking and PGI thru Idoc at Shipment level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business process :--

01. Deliveries created thru Sales Orders

02. Send delivery information to Warehouse thru 940

03. Warehouse consolidate DOs based on route/priority etc and trigger Idoc (SHPMNT05) - which will create Shipment in SAP.

04.Once shipment created in SAP it will trigger output ( as an Idoc ) and send Shipment details to warehouse for shipping.

05. Warehouse do PICK and PACK based on Shipment and trigger Idoc - which should do Picking and PGI  in SAP .

I need help at step 5

01. Which Idoc Type can be used to do pick and PGI at shipment level.

02. Can we do Picking and PGI thru one Idoc or need separate Idocs.

Thank you ,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want to do this, don't they need to scan the goods to confirm the picking?

Also there is a profile in the shipment that can be setup to automate the PGI.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Waza!!

Can you explain - What is the standard process to do picking and PGI once shipment is created thru EDI/Idoc ?

Do we need to do picking thru delivery number thru SHPCON/DESADV and if this is the case what is the relevance of shipment document ( I am not calculating shipment cost )?

I am able to do PGI thru Activity profile of Shipment.

Best Regards/Rajesh

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

1. Create Shipment, update status
  2. Create VL06P and manually pick items or do TO
  3. VT02N complete shipment and PGI/Billing done automatically from activity profile linked to shipment type.

** do not do costing before PGI, if I remember SAP will not allow PGI after shipment costing.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Waza for the updates.

As per our Business process - we are not doing anything manual. Everything has to be automated either thru EDI/Batch Job. ( We are not calculating shipment cost in Shipment )

01. We plan to create Shipment thru Idoc - SHPMNT05 ( SHPMNT)

02. We plan to do PGI thru activity profile.

We are yet to decide on following and seeking help  :--

01. How to do picking at Shipment Level at Check-in / Loading Start stage?

02. Which Idoc best suited for changing shipment stages ( like - loading start , shipment start , shipment end etc )  Viz. SHPMNT05 or TPSDLS01 or any better ?

Best Regards/Rajesh