cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart Converted to Purchase order directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question on what settings to check if the shopping cart created in a system is creating Purchase order directly as Follow-on document. The scenario we are using is SRM 5.0 (Standalone) for Strategic procurement. I checked the BBP_DOC_SAVE, BBP_DOC_CHANGE BADI's but there is no such coding there....any settings in SPRO that is enabling this thing to happen ???

Please let me know about it ASAP. Would definitely reward for useful answers.

Thanks,

Rajeshree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Whatever you have mentioned I agree logically I should see the shopping cart in sourcing cockpit...but somehow at my end after Shopping cart creation, I can see Purchase order no as follow-on doc :-((

Thanks,

Rajeshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked what i told you as well in my earlier reply ?

Please update as well.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the settings in SPRO as mentioned by you, also the BADI's which are active are not having any coding for PO creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Provide your system details as well.

Have you checked the workflow settings as well ? (Ensure Start conditions mainatained correctly in SWB_PROCUREMENT Transaction).

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Found a solution to the problem for creation of POs while saving shopping cart. The observation was that in IMG settings Activate Hierarchies for Product Categories, Vendors, and Co -> Activate Hierarchies for Product Categories(checkbox) setting was enabled. Just need to uncheck the checkbox & SC creation was fine with NO follow-on PO document.

Still figuring out what causes this setting to enable creation of PO from shopping cart. Maybe someone can key-in their inputs or expert suggestions.

Thanks,

Rajeshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Couple of reasons can be possible for this -></b>

1) Workflow is not getting triggered properly. Check workflow configuartion. Are you using standard or customer workflow ?

<u>Seems to me there are no Approvers determined for the particular Product category and Purchase Group combinations, which in turn determines the Approvers (Managers) in this case.</u>

2) Incase the shopping cart dat is complete, and the SRM SPRO system settings are defined to create a Purchase order. Then directly R/3 PO gets created.

3) Check out for all the customer BADI Implementations in SE19 (starting with either Y or Z). Which all are active in this case ? What all code they have ?

4) check out for BADIs especially - BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK

BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK_NEW

BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS

BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE

5) <b>Check SPRO Settings ->

Here is the path</b>

<u>Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-application basic settings -> Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders</u>

<u>Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders)</u>

You perform this step only if you create your Materials Management documents in a backend system.

You specify the documents that are to be created in the backend system for a requirement coverage request.

The following documents can be created:

Purchase requisition
Purchase order
Reservation
You enter a product category (such as office supplies, or hardware) and/or an organizational unit. The organizational unit contains the purchasing group that is responsible for procuring products in this category.

You can enter the product category generically, such as Office*.

Note

The backend system is determined  using the product category in the requirement coverage request item. The item also contains the organizatinal unit.

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE if you wish to implement a different logic for creating documents in the backend system.

Example

If purchasing group 01 wants to procure materials from the category Raw Materials, a reservation is to be created every time.
If materials in the category PC are to be procured, a purchase requisition is to be created every time.

Activities

1. Enter the organizational unit and/or the category.
2. Enter a source system.
3. Choose the procurement type.
Reservation if stock is available, otherwise external procurement
The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management and sufficient stock quantity is available in the warehouse on the requested date.
Always reservation for materials subject to inventory management
The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management, irrespective of whether stock is available.
Always external procurement
The system does not create a reservation, but always procures the item externally. In this case, you specify the type of external procurement.

The following options are significant if the system cannot create a reservation (for example, if there is no stock available or for a non-stock item) or the system must not create a reservation (choose Always external procurement).
Purchase order if item data complete, otherwise purchase requisition

The system always tries to create a purchase order. If the item data is incomplete (for example, the vendor or price is not known), the system creates a purchase requisition from the item.
-> Always purchase requisition
The system always creates a purchase requisition.

-> Always local purchase order
The system always creates a local purchase order.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshree

Pl check SPRO settings, if you are using 'Classic' :

Define objects in backend system (SPRO->SRM server->Cross Appln...->)

For all scenarios, check also:

Define Sourcing for Product Categories (SPRO->SRM server->Sourcing->)

Check the IMG documentation of both the items and you will be clear.

Rgds

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakirshna,

Thanks for quick reply.I have checked those settings & they are in place.

Define objects in backend system - Since its standalone scenario this setting is empty.

Define Sourcing for Product Categories - Sourcing always carried out drop-down is set.

Rgds,

Rajeshree

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means, system will not create PO directly from shopping cart.

It will be in a worklist in 'Carry out sourcing' transaction.