cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the below error while sending the IDoc to ECC.

I have asked the sender to correct two things before posting this thread here. The corrections were to send date format in YYYYMMDD and numbers in all fields where number is expected. And in mapping I have mapped 'begin' and 'segment' attributes with 1. Still the issue persists.

I even checked the charPosition = 1093 which starts at LOT_CHOP_NBR.

And as per my ABAP counterpart , the data being sent in LOT_CHOP_NBR is of the right type and length. Not sure how to resolve this issue.

Tried to explore for the past 4 days and finally posting here to know the experts advice. Kindly help!!

**Yes this issue has been discussed many times and I have gone through the discussions

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs. The issue was resolved by assigning char type for fields in IDocs , re importing the Idoc in PI and reloading the metadata.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java IDoc adapter validates the xml against the IDoc schema and throws the parsing error if it cannot post the idoc ...

Check the IDoc XML generated and ensure there are no constants 1 passed to mandatory segments level...

if the above still didn't solve your issue , share the version of PI system you are working on...

There are few Notes for the above issues search SAP Note 1767710

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

It seems it is data issue.Either you have put wrong data in wrong field or field with blank value.

As said by Naveen in top post chichilinaveen@gmail.com . Please open the payload in notepad++.

Regards,

Abhi

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Open your payload in notepad++ and check if there is any special character in charPosition = 1093.

as per my understanding this might be the issue.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Definately the issue with the IDOC xml data. Please take time and check that all the field values are according to their data type.Check the idoc metadata for field types.

Last time I encountered this error when I was passing blank in an date field.

Also if you have added any segment recently in the idoc, then make sure that the segment has been released from ECC.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Since Java based IDoc adapter is stricter on the data structure, these errors often occur in case of missing mandatory fields. However, you might want to check other fields from the one that you have identified in this screenshot to see if any mandatory ones are missing.

Regards,

Sanjeev.