cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Total' Bar in Waterfall Chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a new Lumira user testing out functionalities for our business use, and we are a heavy user of waterfall charts in our executive reports. However, we always have a total bar on the right that sums the values of each waterfall item to the left. Is there a way to do this in Lumira? Do I have to create a custom chart or is there a work around? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Waterfall charts are available in SAP Lumira. I have attached a screen shot. In order to select the waterchart, you must go into the chart box, which I highlighted with a redbox.

Although you cannot have a totals bar at the side of the chart, you can insert Data Values. you can insert these by clicking on the box where I have the red arrow pointing towards. The data values will then tell you the amounts for each waterfall section.

I hope this answers your question.

- Anthony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RodrigoCaparroz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can try to use the combination of two charts to achieve this requirement on "Compose" tab.

Look below: I'm using one waterfall and Column chart. One is in front of other:

Important: take a special attention about the limits and the scale of both charts must be the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On it's own, there isn't any functionality for this.

However, perhaps there's a way to do a chart with dual axis values and filter out everything except totals?

We'll try to play around with it for you, and see if we get anything.
If you end up finding the solution, let us know!!

You should also look into what Tammy mentioned above with other solutions.

-Bijan

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I am not seeing that the waterfall chart is possible in Lumira SP12.

Other tools such as Analysis Office and Design Studio, or Analysis OLAP offer this.  Have you looked at those tools?