cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore value of asset retired in current year.

former_member370017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

A fully depreciated asset was retired in error 7/2013. I need to restore the asset and its acquisition/accumulated depreciation values.  I have removed the 7/2013 from the "Deactivation On" field in the asset master record. The asset shows in my reports but with zero as values.  I tried ABNAN but am getting this error, "A retirement was already posted on the asset on 20130715. Based on the value date 20130101 of the transaction, this transaction should have been included in the calculation of values for the retirement."

Asset was part of a mass retirement so I cannot reverse the retirement document.

How do I restore the value of an asset that was retired in the current year?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member370017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you all. This is answered now. I reversed the entire document and then excluded the asset.

former_member1009083
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you made a mass retirement, hence retiring several assets at one time in one document. AB08 will reverse the entire posted document. There is no way around. You can then retire all assets again excluding the asset(s) this time which you don't want to retire.

Regards

Dipta

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shary,

Can u try this way in AB08 enter perticular asset and reverse the retirement line entry.

Regards,

Nivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can reverse the Asset retirement through AB08.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me in this case, you need to do a new acquisition in the asset with same parameters as the first acquisition on that asset was done. By this the same values will be captured in the system and will be displayed.

Regards,

Malhar.