Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ChARM Maintenance clients in one sysid

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to maintain 2 ChaRM clients in one system (sysid)?

According to table /TMWFLOW/SMICONF this is not possible, but that seems strange to me. What would the reasoning be for SAP to not allow this?

In our company we want to have 2 different production ChaRM clients in one system, there are 2 competence centers each with their own system landscape and we want to keep them separate, but for lower maintenance cost maintain them in one system.

How can we achieve this?

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

We are on solution manager 7.1 SP 08

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

There are several reason to understand why not.....but simple question have you seen ECC productive system with 2 different clients as productive clients anywhere?

It is possible to support as many customer you want in single system itself and SAP provide plenty of configuration and Authorization objects to achieve it

for .e.g I have implemented ChaRM and Service Desk for 16 customer in a single Solution Manager system with different workflows and authorization concept and none of the differnt customer can view other tickets etc in solman  7.0 itself

Thus as a matter of fact it is possible to achieve what you want with one productive cilent in solman activated with ChaRM

Hope this resolves ur doubt completely if not let us know

happy to help

Regards

Prakhar

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the answer. The situation here is as follows.

There is one big parent company with 5 subsidiaries. Two of those have its own competence center.

To cut back on maintenance cost it was decided to merge those 2 SAP CC's one 1 machine. However auditing etc demands that those subsidiaries are separated as much as possible.

I know I can achieve everything on one client by using several badis and multiple transaction types with its own number ranges, etc. But this is a lot of extra work which I didn't thought was needed. It also makes the overall solution a lot more complex.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Based upon my vast experience I can tell that technically it is possible and complexity will increase like you have mentioned.

But you need to understand from the future support perspective because that

how big team to take care of it ...

how much educated and SAP certified people are there to make sure that everything will work.

In my opinion, ChaRM/ITSM etc doesn't fails because of complexity of customer requirements but rather from Support perspective.

Atlast, in you case if you don't want to make it too complex go for 2 solman system with different productive clients. Infact, the system performance will be much better otherwise you will landup having 100 calls/day that SM_CRM performance is too low due to high volume of tickets etc

Ultimately choice is your's knowing which is best in your situation for your customer ..All the Best!!

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

There are several reason to understand why not.....but simple question have you seen ECC productive system with 2 different clients as productive clients anywhere?

It is possible to support as many customer you want in single system itself and SAP provide plenty of configuration and Authorization objects to achieve it

for .e.g I have implemented ChaRM and Service Desk for 16 customer in a single Solution Manager system with different workflows and authorization concept and none of the differnt customer can view other tickets etc in solman  7.0 itself

Thus as a matter of fact it is possible to achieve what you want with one productive cilent in solman activated with ChaRM

Hope this resolves ur doubt completely if not let us know

happy to help

Regards

Prakhar