cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The link between order item and delivery item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I m working on SD data to load into SAP Business warehouse, and I have a functional question and I really appreciate your help.

I have all information about deliveries items: Document number, Item, article ...etc. I have also the document number of the sales order that those delivries items were created from.

Now, I m wondering how can I find the sales order Item that correspond to a specific delivery Item? is by Item number?

Or by Article number? but in this case what if I have the same Article number many times in several Item inside the sales oder...

Thank you for you help.

Abdess,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

The Delivery Item number may or may not be equal to the Sales Order Item number, so we cannot use it to look for the Sales Order Item number that corresponds to a Delivery Item number.

In the delivery document, this is a field called "Reference ITEM", it contains the Sales Order Item number: LIPS->VGPOS.

Thank you all.

Abdess,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdessamad,

I m looking for the sales order Item corresponding to a delivery Item .

Whether you want sales order, item; for a delivery, item or vice-versa; make use of table VBFA.

Give the document number and item number, you can get the preceeding or subsequent document number and item number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thank's a lot for your help.

Abdess,

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sales order Item Number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

So the sales order Item number is the same as the delivery Item number?

Thank you

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdessamad,

It is not alway the case that sales order, item number would be identical to delivery, item number.

There are two different processes, with different documents; and in each document, the items are arranged in a sequence, so the sequence could be same or different, depending upon how and how many documents are created.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For delivery item reference number, you can refer the Delivery item table LIPS. In this table for each delivery item there is a reference Sales order number in column LIPS-VGBEL.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, thank's for replying.

I already have the sales order number that corresponds to the delivery ...I m looking for the sales order Item corresponding to a delivery Item .

Thank you for your help.