cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR05 Cost Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

I am new to SAP HR and was wondering if we can default the option "Network/Operation/Activity" in the Cost Assignment field in PR05.

Currently the default option for this field is Cost Center when PR05 is executed.

Let me know the options to achieve this.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

I am not really sure what do you mean by "default the option "Network/Operation/Activity" in the Cost Assignment field in PR05". If I understood yourquestion correctly then you would like to have different options in the Alternative cost assignment for entrier trip drop down list. If the answer is yes then you can do this by following the below IMG path. Layout of teh accounst assignment object can be defined here.

Hope this helps.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls also check transactions PR70/ PR71/ PR72/ PR73/ PRC7

You can configure defaults and mandatory/ visible/ default fields per cost objects there. The transactions are for trip master data, receipt details, mileafe etc. thats why it is several ones. PRC7 is for ESS.

rgds, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure about transaction PR70?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR70 doesn't exist. Just to check who is reading my postings carefully...

Congrats!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

What I meant was that when I create a Travel Expense in PR05, by default the option "Cost Center" is populated in the Cost Assignment field as shown in the snapshot.

We assign the cost object of "Network/Operation/Activity" to our Travel Expenses.

Hence would like that option to be populated by default when a employee goes into PR05

I tried checking the config that you guys have pointed out to.

However I am not clear of how it works.

Can you explain a bit more as to how to achieve what i am looking for.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

from my knowledge PR05 default value cannot be changed in SAP standard.

Field will have default <<cost center>> shown. But of course you are able to define via customizing which other cost objects (like WBS element) will be provided in the drop down. (look to Michaels answer)

At the end if the user will not change or enter any data in the section "Alternative Cost Assignment" the following logic will take place:

System is looking to Infotype 0027 entry - if empty than

System is looking to Infotype 0017 entry - if empty than

System taks default cost center from employee infotype 0001.

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Just to follow on from Sigi's post, exactly as he mentioned regards the cost assignment, this is explained in the process flow in the wiki page

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/-QlJF

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/CQpJF

But this is only for the infotypes mentioned and the standard delivery would not allow for default entry against network/operations activity and only as per the dropdown entry in PRC7. Keep in mind also the note 1799229 as this delivered a new constant around the master cost assignment (S_MCA)

cheers

Sally

Answers (0)