Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 - Change status to a message

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I need to manage the feedback for an asynchronous message from a legacy system so that, if the finale process of the message by the legacy fails, I should change the PI message status to "System error" or other.

I searched from the system web services available by wsnavigator selecting Provider System from Service Interfaces and I found the

MessageStatusUpdater service. This service exposes an operation called updateMessageStatusToProcessed. Now, I tried to use it for change a System Error message to processed without result. In any case my needs is for the opposite.

Someone can help me.

Ciao

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola - Not sure why you are trying to change the message status of a successfull message in PI.

If it is failed in Legacy system,root cause has to be identified first. Then you can get them retriggred from Source system.

It's not suggestible to change the status of a successfully processed messages- not a proper approach.

However just for your reference, please have a look at the below blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/07/23/michals-pi-tips-how-to-restart-a-...