cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Maintain Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently installed Personas on our sandpit system for some initial testing... we are now installing on our main landscape starting with our DEV box.

After the install I began the initial configuration starting with the 'Maintain Systems' config step in the IMG. Interestingly this step did not ask me for a transport?!?

Is this normal, I presume not ... surely this must be transportable config ... am I missing something here?

thanks,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not transportable config, despite being done through the IMG. You have to set up systems separately in each of DEV, QA and PRD. The plus side of it not being config is that you can do it directly in your production client!

Now whether or not this should be transportable config is a separate question. There are issues with transporting flavors that are related to this, and perhaps this area needs a little thought...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're a legend Steve, thanks for the help.

I raised this on OSS and they haven't managed to answer yet. Maybe my OSS request will prompt SAP into thinking a bit more about this.

0 Kudos

Hi Neil/Steve,

When you update "System Settings" in SPRO and save, it will automatically prompt you for the transport request.

If it does, then you can create for customizing request.

If it does not prompt, there can be 2 reasons that i know of:

1. TR already exists and not yet released

2. in transaction SCC4, if you enable the flag 'Automatic Recording Of Changes', then for the changes you have done in SPRO, it will prompt you for a TR.

Can you try it and let me know if it works?

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am not prompted for a TR when adding a new system. This is in our standard config client where automatic recording is definitely enabled. The only existing TR in my system containing a reference to that view (/PERSOS/V_SYSC1) is the original add-on installation itself. I've never been prompted for a TR for such changes, and so I've never created one.

The table maintenance dialog for that view does not appear to be configured for recording, at least, not in my system:

Steve.

Answers (0)