Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

salesorder FIXMG flag: what's the use?

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I thought by setting the 'fix date and quantity' flag in a salesorder shedule lines, that then I could be sure to be able to deliver this shedule.

here is what I did test:

material M1 has 1 batch B1 availebal of 10pieces.

salesorder S1 is created for 10pieces of M1, the batch B1 is allocated in the salesorderline, and the 'fix date and quantity' flag is set.

salesorder S2 is created for 10pieces of M1, the delivery is created, the ATP confirms batch B1 for this delivery, GI is doen, and the delivery done.

So what is the use of this 'fix date and quantity' flag?

Or am I missing something here?

Any help appreciated!

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you set that field, it will exclude that item from rescheduling.  Also it is similar to complete delivery functionality.  That means, for the order quantity, if partial quantity is available and if that field is checked, system will give a message that 'Item is not confirmed'. 

Coming to your query

salesorder S2 is created for 10pieces of M1, the delivery is created

yes, system will create delivery for the subsequent order and it will not reserve the stock for the first order. 

G. Lakshmipathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

Fine Explanation.

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for this clear answer!

So it is not possible to reserve a batch in this way, pitty...

Any idea how this can be achieved please?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

If you see the F1-help here you can understand very clearly the use of this field.

As suggested,once activated-may not be visible in open sales orders and also system will skip this order in rescheduling.( i need to check this)

This can be controlled centrally for one sales area at( IMG>>SD>>Basic functions>>>TOR and Avbl check>>>Avbl Check>>>Against ATP logic>>Default settings)

Once if you activate here--all the sales orders you can observe the effect.(Active in all sales orders in this sales area)

Phanikumar

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Fixed date /qty is concerned to particular sales order only for that Particular Date

it does not reserve any stock for the sales order nor the customer

it is just the delivery control on a particular date

the sales order with this setting is not visible in Open sales orders list