cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Pick UP for Sales order Stock doesn't make any sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

first of all, this question is regarding an integration process between SD and MM modules for a Trading industry

we are using the individual purchase order process, during the sales order creation the PR is generated then the PO ... till we reach the point of goods receipt as the stock is posted  specially related to sales order number XXXX  with the batch created for that stock under number is XXXXXXX and that is "so far so good "

now the process itself is working fine , but the problem happens when we try to create the outbound delivery for the sales order 

here the system doesn't suggest the right batch (stock) that is related to the same sales order number as via  t.code MMBE ?

am i missing some configuration steps to make sure that the sales order related stock / batch gets automatically picked when doing the outbound for that same sales order ?

what make sense is that in this business  when you procure to fulfill a specific sales order and that stock is only related to your sales order number then by default the system should at least suggest the right batch for that special sales order stock !

why SAP actually allow an outbound delivery to pick totally unrelated batches for that sales order ?

can anyone provide me with some guidance here ?!

PS : i did some  SCN research before posting and none actually hold any real info on that matter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I know-   If you enter the Batch in the sales order, it is copied to the Outbound delivery ( This might not be useful for your Trading scenario,since the Batch is generated after Goods receipt ).

One reason why SAP automatically doesnt suggest you  a  Batch belonging to your particular Sales order is that technically ,there could be multiple batches  belonging to one Sales order item (Consider your vendor delivers the Same Requirement in Multiple trucks, for which you make seperate Goods receipts, or some other similar scenario).

Now to get your  scenario working, you will need to implement Batch determination .'(if you want automatic suggestion of batch from sytem)

A  useful thread  for Batch determination in special stocks/ MTO scenario:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14241452

also found one SAP note : SAP Note 27640 - Batch determ. for individual stock for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for your reply raviraj ,

as you said the batches cannot be copied into the sales order because it gets created way after that.

now even so there could be multiple deliveries for the individual purchase order and multiple batches assigned to the same line item for the  sales order number  i really dont see that as an issue/obstacle  for why outbound delivery should  not have the relation between the sales order number and batch assigned to that number.

in that business logic the sales order was in fact purchased by full quantity to fulfill the customer needs  so its simple relation.

i check the note and the thread you posted but they dont have the answer,

i guess SAP cant cover that scenario 100 percent , or perhaps there is something that i am missing here and hopefully will get more help on that

thanks again

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yea.. you might need to go for something creative...

Jurgen had mentioned one option in his post on the other thread

"

an alternative approach could be to add the order number as a characteristic to your batch classification as well as to the batch selection.

using object dependencies could help to get the number automatically into the batch classification

"

Using the above hint,  your batch determination could be automated to the way you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that would be a problem since my batch determination is actually configured based on expiry date characteristic 

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexy,

Which Iten categoty you are using?

Have you checked the Special Stock as E in VOV7 for the Item category.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again this has nothing to do with the question ,

i really dont know how that help me ?  by defining  an item category that has nothing to do  with the batch pickup for a sales order stock !

but if you read the thread and as i indicated up there i use individual purchase order "underlined" ! so the item category must be TAB per SAP standard system.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you are using MTO process,did you check with which movement type the stock is posted against the sale order is it 311 E

Former Member
0 Kudos

i really doubt that you read the thread , its not a movement of stock issue !!