SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the WPUBON Mandatory Segments

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting error while posting IDOC WPUBON.

EDI: Syntax error in IDoc (mandatory segment missing)

Message no. E0072

Diagnosis

The segment E1WPB06 has the attribute 'Mandatory' in the syntax description of the basic type WPUBON01 (customer enhancement ). However, the segment is missing in the IDoc. The segment number logged in the status record identifies the item before which the segment is missing.

This error may have been triggered by an unidentifiable segment before the expected mandatory segment.

Procedure

Please check the IDoc or the syntax description of the basic type WPUBON01 (customer enhancement ).

Anyone please help on how to solve this? or the mandatory fields details.

I already updated below segments,

Header + Sale Item segments + Means of Payment

Thanks,

Venkatesan.

5 REPLIES 5

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any IDoc, use transaction WE60 for IDoc documentation when you will get all the segments along with their structure.

You can use transaction WE30 to check the settings for mandatory segments. In WE30, give WPUBON01 basic type. Then click on Display to check all the segments. Once you are inside the tree, double click  on each segment to see which one is mandatory and not exist in your IDoc. When you double click, you will get following information.

The button Segment Editor can give you more idea about fields of this segment.

Validate your IDoc with this settings.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

From the error message it seems E1WPB06 segment has been not populated with Tender details. As this segment is mandatory please add your tender details in this segment.

Regards,

Ramkrishna

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I added the Tender details in transaction, but E1WPB06 is not getting generated when I process the IDOC. All other segments are being generated.

Any help to solve the E1WPB06 segmentation issue? Am I missing any configuration. But I guess there is no separate configuration for segments level for E1WPB06. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Venkatesan.

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesan,

The required segment will not be generated upon processing.

The source system which is creating this IDoc should attaché the 06 segment from there itself.

Can you please let us know from which system you are receiving this IDoc?

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am able to generate IDOC and receive it in ERP. I missed some required data, thus the error.

Now it is solved. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Venkatesan.