cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving info in SOAP header for the web service provider created in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have created a function module in SAP with  a structure  which has three fields(Employee No, Start Date and End Date).

2. Using this function module as reference, I created a web-service provider(ZGET_EMPLOYEE_INFO) in SAP.

3. The  web-service I have created in SAP is consumed/called by a third party java application.

4. When the third party application calls my web-service, the SOAP body has the three parameters that are in the function module import parameter structure.

5. The third party application also passes two  values "FROM" and "T'O" in SOAP header. Since my function module interface doesn't have these value the web-service call is getting failed.

6. When I add these two parameters "FROM" and "TO"  in my function module interface and ask the third party application to consume my web-service, these two parameters are shown in the SOAP body.

7. Can someone share, what should be done at SAP side to accept the parameters send in SOAP header by the webservice consumer, which is a third party java application.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello H.K.Hayath

This is not possible, SAP doesn't support custom headers. Why does the provider add special tags to this header when it is not required? According to the standards this shouldn't be done.

One additional remark, To and From could be WS-addressing information, which could be accepted. Is this the case?

Cheers,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Attila,

As you said TO AND FROM are part fo WS-ADDRESSING.

During the initial testing,  it was commincated wrongly that the problem was  SAP not accepting FROM and TO in the SOAP Header.

Today when I did further testing with the consumer side it was know that the problem was due to "ReplyTo" tag that was passed in SOAP header, if this tag is not passed in the message the consumer system was able to communicate with SAP system.

I am getting the error message as  " <wsa:ProblemIRI>wsa:OnlyAnonymousAddressSupported</wsa:ProblemIRI>" when "ReplyTo" is passed from the third party application.

Is there any means to solve from SAP end.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.