Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Importing 1 changed, and 1 new, IDOC segment to PI

Hi all,

I have abap experience, but am completely new to PI, hence I apologise in advance for my simple question. I have looked on this forum for help but not found exactly what I need.

We have a PI interface for a bespoke IDOC. I have enhanced the IDOC further i.e. I added a new field to one segment, and also created a new segment.

I now need to include these changes in PI and have no idea how as I have no experience with this. I assume I need to reimport the changed segment into the Enterprise Services Builder, and also import the new segment into ESB. When importing the new segment I need to keep the sequence the same as the IDOC, I would assume? How do I do the import?

In Integration Builder do I need to amend the mappings? I am assuming for the changed IDOC I don't need to do anything as it is only 1 additional field, but for the new segment I would have to?

Please note, I don't need advice on ALE or amending the IDOC, as I have abap experience and this side is fine, just the next step of aligning this with PI is my issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Glen.

replied

Hi Glen,

Please have a look into http://scn.sap.com/message/5886265

"Just to add few inputs from my side. While doing the changes in idoc/idoc extention, you are not rquired to do any kind of changes in the Integration Directory.

The only changes required is in Integration Repositroy to re-import the IDOC & do the correspoding mapping & reload the IDOC meta data into XI by using tcode IDX"

cheers,

Roberto.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question