Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration of XI,EP & R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone expalian in detail about integration of XI,EP and R/3

i.e how to do that , what are the adpaters we should use,what is the flow here...

is it r/3 > xi>Ep or ?

if someone has document on this plz mail it raghavesh@gmail.com

i wanted to give a demo on this to my client..

Raghavesh reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghavesh,

It should be EP - XI - R3 . Remember Portals are GUI based info and so, in most of the cases, it is the end users in your portals who start / trigger the process.

If you are looking for EP - XI -R3 integration,

1. This can be done witout XI as well.

2. But, if XI needs to be involved, the most common means of doing this, is to expose your Outbound Message Interface as a a Webservice, use this WSDL to create a Webservice Model in WeBDynPro and then deploy this on your portal.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavesh,

Using Java Connector Objects (JCO) and Java Code, you can read / write the data from / to R/3. The java code can be exposed as a web service and you can display the same data in Web Dynpro using the Web service model. You can also create an iview for this web dynpro and display in Portal..

You can also use this web service in XI using SOAP adapter and then transfer the data to multiple files (using File Adapter) or different R/3 (using IDoc adapter) etc..

Hope this helps

Regards

Kiran..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to create user interfaces in portal XI is not recommended

as for such sync interface you should call R3 directly from the portal

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt get ur point Michal....

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Portals are nothing but a front end for your multiple SAP systems.They provide real time info to end users.

As you know XI is an EAI tool and it is strictly recommended XI should be used for Process Integration , ie. Integration of the Processes across applications. They should not be used for real time Integration of application with Human Intervention.

As Portals are primarily involved with a GUI based real time environment, Xi should not be used ( in most of the cases ) and the portal should directly interact with your SAP R3 system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the other ways BHAVESH ...i mean any other flow...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> what are the other ways ...i mean any other

> flow...

Not sure, I understood.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : using capitals is equiavlent to shouting on the Internet. Avoid its usage as much as possible .Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavesh,

Michal,

says that you can direcltry interact with EP and R/3 directly for synchrouse . no need to use XI fo this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

i mean if there is other flow other than the mentioned below.

<b>EP - XI -R3 integration,</b>

and apologize for using capitals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes . you can use EP-R/3 Direclty without XI.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghavesh,

R3 - XI - EP does not make sense as EP like i mentioned earlier are notthing but GUI for your SAP Applications running in the backend.

Like any other Gui based application until the application does not request for data, data is not sent, haveing a flow like R3 - XI - EP does not make sense.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Other than ....EP - XI -R3 integration</i>

EP acts as a front end applications.In that case it will not make sense flow like R3-XI-EP.