cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of requirement will be posted to PP after Quotation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Recently i got one requirement to post all requirement list data  to PP once we created quotation

ex once we created sales order Transfer of requirement will be posted to PP

But in my case they want after creation QUOTATION  .. Is it possible ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Whenever any inquiry has been created the probability of this inquiry will be 30% in standard.(so 3 out of 10 units will go for requirement)whether the MRP can be run on inquiry or not will be at business level.

The same will applicable to Quotation too.

If if you see any Quotation order at the line item level--you can see the probability of one line item.

Press F1 here-you can get the desired Info.

Also it can be controlled at Schedule line category (AN,AT,AP,BN,BP)

Fine tuning done at Avbl/TOR customizing.

Hope this clarrifies you.

Phanikumar

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai phani .. Thank you so much ,, i will check

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

As suggested, why CP schedule line is not working for you??Might be controlled at avbl check configurations.(By doing fine tuning)

Have You activated Requirement/assembly for CP in VOV6.

This one only makes the difference between BN and BP sch.Lines.

BN--Without MRP

BP--With MRP.

As suggested By Respcted lakshmipathi-we will never create delivery based on Quotation.why because if you are taking the copy of QT document type--the table of TVCPL will never get updated.

Hope this Clarrifies.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently, how system is behaving once quotation is created ?  Were you not able to see the requirements in MD04 ?  Please try and share here.  For information, normally, system will show quotation reference based on the standard configuration we set.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear J.P

I am working with Hankel project ..

Dear Lakshimipathi

Sure i will give screen shot , In Md04 i am not able to find Req list

Bz no schedule lines for qtns  how it will flow to MD04

May i know ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your item category and schedule line category being used in quotation.  It should have been AGN and BP respectively, in which case, definitely, MD04 will show quotation reference.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i am using CP S.Category

so if i make B.P S.cat but in BP No movement type is not there so how it will control delivery ..

share your wonderful knowledge

so i want to change it ?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hankel???

or

Henkal

If I'm not mistaken, Henkal is FMCG Mfg Company. Correct?

FMCG follows repetitive manufacturing process. Does TOR start with quotation?

I'm confused.

Can you explain the type of material(example will be better) for which this process is expected?

Thanks & Regards, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CP should work and I am not sure why it is not working for you.  Ensure that your material master availability check is set to 02 instead of 01 which will not work. 

Coming to your query on

but in BP No movement type is not there so how it will control delivery

ideally, you would not be creating delivery directly from quotation and hence, SAP has not provided movement type to this.  You have to create a sale order first followed by delivery.   Right now, I am not in front of SAP and hence unable to check and confirm.

G. Lakshmipathi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshipathi sir,,Sorry for interruption

Why after creating Quotation system will send requirement to PP .. MAY be it will show wrong Impact

i have not checked till now after Quotation only i checked after sales order so i will test this

but any way plz try to explore on my doubt

ex: i created INQ 100 QNT

QTN 80 QNT now if system will send TOR to PP .. they will start producing but if Customer not orderd the stock of 80 Qnty ...it will be expensive to company ( if no customer is there to take the goods immediately)

And Generally after creation sales order It will update to PP but Here Double times is updating ?

Dear J.P SIR and Lakshmipathi sir .. i am asking my doubt logically plz i am wrong plz forgive me

thanks a lot

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu

Venu mention:

it will be expensive to company (if no customer is there to take the goods immediately)

Very valid point. If you observe, even my questions are unanswered.

Well, my intention was to know which industry practice these sort of scenario. And how they place their sales process to accommodate this TOR process.

Thus, I mentioned earlier & again(re-phrased)

TOR based production for prospect / pipeline sales(quotation level)???

FMCG???

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai .. my mistake was there

HENKEL Detergent products

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. But, frankly, I haven't got answer to my questions yet.

- What sort manufacturing process Henkel follow for Detergent products?

- For which scenario & distribution channel, they require TOR(Transfer of Requirement) for Sales Quotation?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear .J.P

Business scenario is ...

Some customers are very believable so once they created quotation definitely they will  stock ( 100%)

no doubt at all

so in my business process if some customers have give qtn immediately TOR will be passed to PP

Bz after creation sales order Generally it will flow but after qnt ( time will be saved to pp)

I think we can transfer by using  ORDER PROB right ?

i hope you understand ...

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Geetha Madam,

My intention is not to offend you or test your skill. It is only to understand, in which circumstance or scenario we go quotation based TOR for production.

Frankly, for repetitive manufacturing this scenario doesn't look practical. As repetitive manufacturing is production based on period based planning. So, when you like to allocated/reserve stock for specific customer, then you should use PIR. It would be better you ask this to your PP teammates.

Thanks, JP

As fellow member & Moderator of this forum, I like to point out, please develop a habit of "Asking Good Questions in the SCN Discussion Spaces will help you get Good Answers" (Click on this lin...

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi sir..

i have tested on my ides .. but After creation quotation i have checked in MD04 But not Displaying

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the copying control(VTAA) - Schedule Line?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.P SIR

In VTAA-- I have found only AT And BP ..

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the requirement type getting determine in quotation? That is important factor.

Which schedule line is determining in your quotation?

It ought to be BP.

Where,

Copying requirements = 501 - Scheduled qty > 0(This will filter out schedule lines without a confirmed quantity)

DataT = 201 - Gen.sched.line data

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.P Sir

i have checked in Quotation S.C .. CN Is coming  i was trying to change ND TO PD in mmr but i am not able to change bz system is asking MRP CONTROLLER

Sir i have changed to PD AND I CREATED quotation now in schedul lines i am able to check BN S.CAT

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear J.p sir

once i created sales order I am able to find stock updation in md04

so what i will do ... I Didnt do any modifications changing S.C ,I.CAT,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the way a lengthy discussions going on here, I was expecting some updation from OP but not sure, whether OP has tried and found the query is addressed.  Nevertheless, Venu, ensure in your copy control VTAA, for your item category, you have maintained '+' for the field "Pos./neg.quantity"

G. Lakshmipathi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SIR

in VTAA -- item cat AFN--POSTIVE /NAGITIVE + IS THERE

i didnt change any thing

sir .. i am very keen to know about this point .. plz help me

i will explain what i did

1) in mmr i maintained PD

2) I took all document types only standerd .. i didnt change any thing

3) created IN and QTN with ref to in

Thanks a lot

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ... J.p sir and lAKSHMIPATHI SIR

i have changed s.category in quotation document BN TO BP now i have checked in MD04 i am able to see stock requirement updation After quotation

But any possibility automatically ..

Side comment:

After quotation suppose in qtn i have qnt 10 so based on order probability 70 in VOV8 OR TYPE system is passing 7 qnty if i changed to BP From BN

Fine..after order it would be 10 ok

But in INQUERY also we can see order probability 30 percent it means 3 qnty would be transfer to PP .. But in my case not passing

i am learning a lot from Mentors ... really my heartfully thanks a lot 

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TOR for prospect/pipeline sales

Can you enlighten us with following questions of mine? This will benefit me in learning:

- Can you tell us which industry you are working on?

- Can you briefs us on Sales process expected from this process? From inquiry - quotation - sales order - delivery, impact/process TOR along with that sales process.

Thanks & Regards, JP