cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SAP course is suitable ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just registered to find out which SAP course training to go for as I wish to switch from Oracle to SAP.

Can anyone help please...?

My profile summary is  -

--  15+ years experienced Techno functional ERP Management/IT Management  in Trading/Manufacturing cos.

--  Oracle based ERP Application  support. (Training, Implementation, Customisation)

--  Technicall skills : Oracle 10g SQL/PLSQL/D2K, FoxPro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dearest Suresh,

A very hearty welcome to the wonderful world of SAP!!!!

As Manjunath has sugegsted, getting trained as a BASIS Consultant would definitely help you.

However, Considering your expertise in Techno-Functional Area for 15+ years which is truly appreciable, I suggest you could get trained in SAP BI which is a techno-functional stream which required you to have knowledge in DB and other data analysis tools which is going to be like a child's play for you.

My second suggestion would be not to get into SAP ABAP which is a technical stream and a evergreen domain. But, for a person of your experience in this industry, I personally feel ABAP would be a bad option as you will have to start from scratch like a fresher which would be difficult.

My ending comment for you is to consider my first suggestion.

Please get in touch with me in case you need more details.

All said and done, My heartiest wishes to you!!! Welcome to the family

Warm Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ram for the warm welcome & really encouraging words. As mentioned, going to scratch levels may be waste of resources and hence it is ideal to start in a fast-track for SAP.

Secondly, I am employed outside India and not in a position to attend a class-room training and so

looking for online training. Please give some guidance/suggestion if you can be of some help in this.

I am reachable on   vdsk@hotmail.com

thanks again,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dearest Suresh,

All the very best for your future...

I shall send you the details to your personal mail id.

Please close the thread if you are satisfied with the our answers.

Remember, Tough times never last, but tough people do... And you seem to be a really tough guy.. 15+ years of exp should have definitely made you tough.

Best Wishes.

Warm Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

still awaiting to hear from you.

thanks

suresh

(vdsk@hotmail.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

My sincere recommendation to you would be to find a training institute where you are currently employed and attend the class room training on weekends.

To me, a class room training is much better than an online training session. I understand how difficult it is to manage these.. But, I would still suggest you to look out for a training institute.

Online coaching does help you but not as much as Class room training. However, you could do a self learning from www.wiki.scn.sap.com  or register yourself in Open Sap  (www.opensap.com) and undergo training. I have attended a couple of Open SAP courses and they are too good. Also check, www.training.sap.com .

All said and done, you intend to give a new direction to your career in SAP definitely not as a fresher for which you have to be extremely sound in the domain that you would choose. So, a certificate from a reputed institute after attending the Training would defintely take you places.

If I were you, I would definitely not undergo Online training... Instead, use online materials to enhance my knowledge learnt from the training institute... Hope, you get my point.

If you need anything more from me, please do let me know. I would be more than happy to share my views with you.

A very happy Diwali to you and your family

Warm Regards,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that u have a very good knowledge on DB & Oracle, so i suggest u to choose BASIS in technical side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Manjunath,

what I missed to say is which SAP skills are more in demand in the job market today so that I can easily decide and go ahead. Some SAP guys says ABAP and in this forum HANA is also talked about.

Infact I am undecide to go for Technical or Functional in SAP. Requests your kind insights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP HANA with ABAP is a good option and a demanded profile in market as of now ,but it takes much time to adopt this skills, since you have to start it from scratch and also you need to update yourself as much as possible. If you choose basis then you will get a good knowledge in no matter time since you have past experience and do remember basis is always demanded in market because you wont find guys with skills on SQL, ORACLE, DB, Network at once. But at the end of the day it is up to you to choose the module because no one guarantees the hotness of a module or profile it changes with time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Manjunath, your last line sums it all - skill demand changes with almost no time..

shall update here once i am thru with the choice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the best dude..!!!