cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on the possibility of change of requested plant for an unconfirmed sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a question regarding the change of requested location for a product. Could you please help me regarding this? The below is the scenario.

A material MAT1 is available in 2 locations Loc1(Hyderabad) and Loc2(Pune). The current available stock for this material in both these locations is zero(0). A sales order SORD1 has been placed for MAT1 in Loc1(Hyd). But, since stock is 0 in Hyd, it will check for stock in Loc2(Pune). Since stock in Loc2(Pune) also is 0, the sales order is unconfirmed. Now, as per the current setup, the sales order will be waiting at Loc1 for confirmation(as it has been placed at Loc1) i.e. the requested location would be Loc1 for this material. In this situation where there is no stock in Loc2 also, is there any way we can make the sales order wait at Loc2 instead of Loc1 for confirmation i.e. can we change the requested location as Loc2 for MAT1?

Could you please let me know if this is possible using the standard SAP? If not possible through standard SAP, could you please let me know if this can be achieved through a user-exit?

Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible to achieve through standard configuration.  You have to try with USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the help. If its ok for you, could you please elaborate on this a bit more?

The below is the scenario:

1) Created material M in locations L1 and L2

2) The current stock levels of M in L1 and L2 are both 0

3) GATP's RBATP(Location Determination Procedure) customizing has been made. If M is unavailable in L1, M should be checked in L2

4) Created a Sales Order SO for M in L1 i.e. requested plant is L1

5) Since stock of M is 0 in L1, M was checked in L2.

6) Since M in L2 also is 0, the check returns a zero confirmation

7) At this point of time, can the requested plant be changed to L2 ?

😎 If possible, then the requested plant would be L2.

9) Now, a stock of 10 has been posted for M in L1

10) Running BOP gives a confirmation for M in L1

11) Finally, the material got a confirmation from L1

Could you please let me know if the above scenario is possible? Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly go through below links:

1. http://scn.sap.com/thread/2018112

2. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3222106

3. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3413848

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Firstly you need to find what is the source in giving material availability date--Always it will be done at plant level (that to one plant only).

If a material is existed in more than one plant system will do the plant determination based on CMIR/Cust master/Mat master.

it cannot do the avbl check on more than one plant even though this material exists in other plant-but it can be done once you are changing the delivering plant manually in sales order.(also it can be done by exits)

Please try with one material has shown Zero of confirmed quantity in one  plant--if you change the plant in sales order system will again do avbl check.

Hope this clarrifies.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

7) At this point of time, can the requested plant be changed to L2 ?

Yes you can very well change manually in sale order

11) Finally, the material got a confirmation from L1

How the stock would be confirmed in sale order when the plant is changed to L2 as above ?

Nevertheless, if you want to automate the process, you can try with the exit I already suggested.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

All the above process you mentioned are possible in the APO system. All I wanted to know was if the requested plant can be changed when a quantity is unavailable for confirming a sales order.

When a sales order gets its confirmation from an alternate location, the delivery plant changes automatically.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thanks for the help. The threads speak about the Availability Check. But, I wanted to know if there is any possibility of changing the requested plant it self.

PS: Location is a term used in APO side. It corresponds to Plant in the ERP side.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Thanks for the help again.

For point 7, actually I was looking for an automatic process. In this case, as suggested by you, I have to use the User Exit.

For point 11, confirmation can and will happen from L1. It is possible using the RBATP method of SAP APO GATP.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You can tell the system to do GATP by setting the document type in Business transaction field at Availability check section in VOV8 for your sales document type.

Hope there are some other configurations required-so take the help of your MM/PP guys.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But how you are telling to the system that """Check at location-1 first, then to Second location"""(might be using checking rule only)

Here the location means-not storage location as i understood. because one is at  Hyderbad and one is at Pune (700KM distance)

Storage location are inside the plant only so we cant make address for each storage location in standard system.

Why cant you make Location as plants Itself???(it depends on business requirement)

Please revert.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Location is a term used in APO side. It corresponds to the Plant in the ERP side.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't determine storage location in sale order automatically if you have not done any modifications in userexit. You must be entering it manually. When you enter LOC1 and stock is not confirmed then you enter LOC2. If there is no stock in LOC2 also then why you change it to LOC1. Leave it LOC2 and whenever stock will come system will confirm this. This is what I understood from your explanation and I think its very simple. May be I didnt get your requirement. If this is so please tell me where I understood it wrong.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Thanks for the help.The requirement is exactly the same that I mentioned initially in this post.  The solution you provided regarding posting a stock works. But, even before posting the stock in Loc2, the requirement is to change the requested plant to Loc2. It might seem strange but this is exactly the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So you want to do it automatically? If yes then Lakshami G has already suggested you and if you are ok with manual changes then what is the problem? You can change plant and store manually at sale order level very easy. Where are you stuck?

Thank$

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  

krovvi sri

Check this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3189418

Yes it is possible

in OVZI--- MAINTAIN 011

OVZK--- MAINTAIN TAN AVAILABILTY CHECK BOX

AND Make sure Req check box should not be  be activated  in the above given link menu path...

As per my understanding .. in OVZ9 T.code Include sales requirement Option is there

It will restrict

ex: i have created one sales order with 200 qnty

and another sales order 50 qnty

now In my plant 220 stock is there ...

suppose if i am going to create delivery for second sales order system will restrict how ?

Include sales requirement Option if you keep blank we can create second one also