cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Processing with Product Substitution

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Masters, please kindly help me to solve this case.

I have a requirement where I need to combine Third Party Processing with Material Substitution.

The business process is:

We have “Vendor Material Number” and “our client’s Material Number” which is not same.

Example :

Our client’s Material Number is “ATOZ”

Vendor Material Number is “ZTOA”

Every time the customer orders Material “ATOZ”, Purchase Requisition is created automatically for Material “ZTOA” when Sales Order is saved.

For some reason, we cannot use CMIR (Customer Material Info Record), so we tried to use “Product Substitution” as an alternative.

• - For sub-item category (usage PSA2), I assigned Schedule Line Category that “Order Type” field at VOV6 filled with Purchase Requisition Type.
  • - I created a substitution of Material “ATOZ” with Material “ZTOA” with VB11. (we using Substitution Reason “1000” and Outcome ”B” at OVRQ)

The results of my test are:

• - If I enter Material Number “ATOZ” at VA01, then “ZTOA” show up as a result of product selection.

“ATOZ” as a main item and “ZTOA” as a sub-item.

Item | Material | Qty |

10 | ATOZ | 5

11 | ZTOA | 5

At Sales Order item data, schedule line tab, Purchase Requisition Number created for Material ZTOA.

This is magically perfect for my case.

But unfortunately … After I maintain “Purchase Info Record – Purchasing Organization Data” for Material ZTOA (ME11). When I entered Material Number “ATOZ” at VA01, not like the first time, Material “ZTOA” not show up as sub-item.

After I marked the deletion flag for that PIR -  Purchasing Organization Data with ME15, Material ZTOA show up again at VA01.

My questions  :

1. What is the relation between “Purchase Info Record (Purchase Organization Data)” with “Product Substitution”?
  2. Can we use Product Substitution for Third Party Processing like that?

Thanks,

GJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Masters,

Please help me with this one.

Thanks,

GJ

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear--Purchase info record itself called as Vendor info record.

you will enter the vendor/Material details in Me11 only(headed as purchase info record)

If needed-- deletion can be done in Me15.

But in third party- product substitution can be done.

Please follow lakshmipathi's suggested thread.

Phanikumar

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Phanikumar,

It's all what I mean, sorry to make you confuse. I know Purchase Info Record is Vendor Info Record.

Yes, thanks to Sir Phanikumar and Sir G. Lakshmipathi to answer my second question, Third Party Processing with Product Substitution is absolutely possible using SAP CRM.

But unfortunately we are not using SAP CRM. We are using SAP ECC 6.

SAP CRM is an extended version for Customer Relation Function.

Example, We don't have this SAP CRM Customizing path at SPRO :

Customer Relationship Management  Transactions  Basic Settings  Activate System Configuration for Service Parts Management  .

Please kindly read my first questions.

Thank you for your reply, Sir. I really appreciate that.

Thanks,

GJ

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Edit :

I should wrote "Purchase Info Record, especially Purchase Organization Data" at the third line. My bad.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Initially You told the material description differs with vendor and client.

Here why are you using customer material  info record???

There is a big difference between Customer material info record (VD51)  and vendor info record (ME11).

Once you maintain any data in Vendor info records system always gives priority to this only.

Hope you find the difference.

Please take the help of our other members who are masters in this.

Phanikumar

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir G. Lakshmipathi,

I already read that documentation, we don’t use SAP CRM.

I just simply fill “Order Type” field with Purchase Requisition Type at VOV6 for Product Substitution’s sub-item to make Sales Order automatically create PR. Detail at picture below:

Please guide me.

Thanks,

GJ

jendrake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Phanikumar,

I didn’t really mean to mention Customer Material Info Record, just forget that line. Sorry.

I mean Purchase Info Record, especially Purchasing Info Record data to Vendor.

Every time I flag it for deletion with ME15, sub-item doesn’t show up at Sales Order when I enter main item.

And every time I remove the flag, sub-item show-up (with PR automatically created).

I can understand the relation with CMIR, but Purchase Info Record…I don’t get it.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

GJ