Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Advance through offcycle and settlement automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few queries regarding travel management:

My scenarios is like this: All expense reimbursements for core employee has to be done thrrough regular payroll, while contractors it is through vendor payment.

1. For travel advance for core employee, how this should you handled, can we do it though offcycle, if yes, how we can configure this? Will this advance payment can be taken care while running payroll for that employee?

2. Client requirment is: they want to automate the settlement and posting process for vendor payment, once the travel expense is approved, settlement and posting should happen automatically. So is there any program to automate this? If no, what reasons should be given to client to not to go for automatic settlement, since finance is already reviewing all the expenses before they are getting approved by manager, so they don't want finance to settle and post it again?

Thanks

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no idea regarding #1. This is tricky, as you need to make sure that advance is fully split from reimbursements, and you also need to have safe process for getting back advance overpayments (advance exceeding reimbursement).

#2 can be done with a job on PREC/ PRRW. Workflow after approval MUST end in status 4/1, otherwise it will not work:

1. run job of PREC: RPRTEC00

2. run job for PRRW/ Create: RPRFIN00

3. run job for PRRW/ Check: variant with option of RPRPOST* (* eq country specific reports)

4. run job for PPRW/ Post: as 3. with different option

rgds, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would strongly advice re-thinking #1. Is there any reason for going through payroll other than

- that's how they've always done it

- there are taxable elements or elements that need reporting to authorities through payroll reports. You can channel just these elements through payroll and filter the rest in subschema XREI (or national equivalent) and make sure they are added to taxable pay or whereever you need them to go, but still leave the payment process on FI-vendors, where advances, overpayment and various pay dates can be handled much better

Whether or not off cycle PY payment is an option at all depends on the country, but it's never a good option as it's a disruptive process and managing advances is tricky.

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven and Michael,

I would recommed Advance payment through vendor to my client. But for travel expenses we are going for both options i.e. payment of travel expenses throgh payroll for core employee and vendor payemnt for contractors.

Can you advise me one thing here, in order to achive this, that both kind of payment funcitonality in system. Should we go for sepreate trip variants in this case (one for core employee i.e. for payroll and other one for contractors i.e. vendor payment). or only one trip variant can suffice this kind of requirment. Please keep in mind that trip previllges are same for all employee i.e. core empliyee and contractors.

Please advise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Did you manage to resolve this?