cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retain same actions/approval procedure in charm in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did an upgrade from solman 7.0 to 7.1 SPS8.We want to retain the same actions and approval procedure in solman 7.1 also in   request for change in charm.Is there a simple way to achive this ? Please share the details.Also the latest charm upgrade guide from SAP is version 1.1 release january.Some of the information in the guide is not clear and not relevant to SPS8.My requirement (for example) : I dont want the actions validation,release for development  in reqest for change.The section 4.3.10 is not enogh to give a clear idea.Anybody has experience in this ? thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks Theresa,

I was able to configure and retain the old approval process for 7.0.

Client requirement was they wanted the approval process as a 2 step process.

I have configured -->

Once RFC is created and saved it will automatically switch to Validation --> then change manager will be login and approve/reject and then release for validation.

It is working fine right now we are in testing. Will be going live in Mid may.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Junaid

0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Any luck on the above procedure. We have the exact same requirement. Would really appreciate if someone can provide the steps to use the same approval process as in Solman 7.0 in 7.1.

Regards

Junaid

TheresaP
Participant
0 Kudos

I have successfully enabled RFC status to go from Created to either Approved or Rejected via actions (not using Approval workflow). ZMCRHEAD status values are now: Created, Approved, Rejected, Being Implemented, Implemented, Confirmed. Once approved I utilized the Release for Development action to create the follow on document (so I still have this extra step, not exactly like 7.0 but close). I followed note 1608118 to create the new actions "Approve RFC" and "Reject RFC". You also need to deactivate the actions you will not be using in the Action profile (e.g. set to in validation, reset to validation). You need to adjust the lowest and highest status no. in the Status profile - this is very important. and finally I removed the Approval determination procedure from the transaction type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To achieve this you must modify both Status profile and action profile for the transaction type *MCR

and then create actions to set these status defining conditions necessary. With the conditions you can restrict which actions are possible according to current status.

In ZMCR have the status

Create

In Validation

To be approved

Approved

Being implemented

Example:

remove the "In validation "status from Status profile and action profile. after create set the status to " To be Approved:" change the required setting in action profile

check the note for reference.

1608118  - ChaRM scenario: Approve without CRM approval procedure

But if u removed the " Being implemented" status , not able to generate the change document.because approval is done through workflow. so cross check the requirement.

otherwise use the note 1608118 and create the approval using the action and copy the " Being implemented" action and condition and add it in " Approval"  action and try it.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made "Set Request for Change to "Validation" to Inactive and after this,  in request for change there is no option under actions and actions button is disabled.So after create status,how do i make "To be approved" ? There is no action  for "Create" under Action Definition in Action Profile.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had any luck getting this working? I too need to customize the approval workflow to remain as it did for 7.0 (eg. from "Created" to "To be approved" to either "approved" or "rejected").  I followed the upgrade guide and Note mentioned 1608118 but as you have found there is not enough detail to actually make it work. I appreciate any info you can share. thanks!