cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System Configuration - Failed to create users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issue when configuring java system (PQ1) of which its backend system is (P16).

In Step 6 of managed system configuration, we would be creating two users (SAPSUPPORT & SM_COLL_PL6).  Note: PL6 is the SOLMAN.

However, I encountered error "No authorization for role assignment for system"

My questions are:

1. The users SAPSUPPORT & SM_COLL_PL6 are supposed to be created on P16 production client?

2. Which user is used to create both the users above and perform roles assignment?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Normally use the solman_admin user is used to create the user and assign the role or use the admin user (sap_all)

1717583  - Wrong behavior with JAVA roles assignment in managed systems

Please check the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3443154

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Karthik,

I've tried using the solman_admin user in SOLMAN to configure the manage system, but still hit on the same error.

I think the error "No authorization for role assignment" is pointing to some user in the managed system, instead of the user I'm using to configure in the SOLMAN?

Please advise. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Please check which user is entered in the below step, whether this user have accesss to add the role in the UME.

Check in step 4. Enter system parameter -> Java parameter ->setup User(Admin) ?

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide the SP level that you have patched your solution manager.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks. It's J2EE_ADMIN, and the user have SAP_ALL, but not sure why it is still not authorized to create user. Or is there additional role required for this?

Currently, I have created manually the user in the system as workaround.

Thanks.