Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

realignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all

i am performing realignment and have few queries -

1) when performing realignment i do not want to copy data and just want to create target cvc's.

Now what i have done is used copy factor 0 but of no use. It copies all the source data to the target cvc.

2) steps in realignment -  i can see that at any time only 1 realignment table is generated.

i already had created a step and performed realignment and the results were ok. i can see the indicator as green.

Now , when iam creating a second step and running the second step it is NOT re-executing the earlier step , right ?

3) option of importing from server -

- here , does it mean that only new cvc's are created and no realignment is required ?

- what should be the file format ?

THank you in advance.

best wishes

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello KK

Ans for Q2.

> While performing realignment only ONE TABLE will be created. Entries in green will not be executed again unless you change the STATUS to REALIGNMENT STEP READY TO BE PERFORMED.So, only new steps which are added wull e performed.

Ans for Q3.

Hi Import from server means i guess , you can prepare a realignment file in an excel sheet and import that from your system and load that into the realignment table instead of manually creating the realignment steps. This is useful when thereare more number of realignment steps to be performed.

Ans for Q1.

See, basically realignment is for realgning the data. I think for CVC Creation  it might not be the best way ,However, ineed to check onthe zero factor, as i never tested that way. Will let you know once i check in thes ystem . Meanwhile you may get more accurate answers from others.

Thanks,

Emani