Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diner's Credit Card Buffer upload after correction

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Need help on this urgent. We have successfully uploaded all credit Card buffer for Diners Card and found around 5000 odd records failed because of different master data related issues. For some example credit card data not mained etc etc. We got the error ffrom PRCCE and rectified all 5000 records. Now I generated the correction file from PRCCF. The file generated is a .txt file. Now I am trying to execute PRCC program to upload this file. While doing so it is saying successfully updated but no buffer is getting transferred to employees record. When I am checking PRCCD the count is not increasing. The new count shpould get added by another 5000 records. On attempt of 2nd time , I got a standard error - Run No. with XXXXX did nt import. PLease import first. So i change the accounting run No. and processed again the same file. It still did not allowed so I changed the counter to X in debug mode and made it succefully executed.

I would like to know the process of uploading this buffer items after correction. Am I missing something? Please guide me. Need urgent help on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, the problem is when I am running the .txt file ( which I generated from PRCCF after all HR Master Data aand FI related corrections are done) it is throwing a successfull message ( File Name 1028201307.txt), Run No. 1028201307. The message is attached here and it says " The selected Method was peformed successfully. This is happening in Test mode as well as actual mode.Now when I am checking agin the PRCCE, it doesnt have any error log, when I am checking the PRCCD the count of succeffull records doesnt addded here in the employee buffer. Also in PRTA tcode the run No. is updated as Not successfull.

I am not able to understnd the issue of not updating it. Is it  ok to execute PRCC with this .txt file generated from PRCCF? Or am I missing something. Please help. Screen shot attched

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obviously nothing has been selected from correction file upload:

- you don't have new entries in PRCCD AND PRCCE

- you don't have error message from PRCC

which is very strange....

Just to validate, pls check:

- has correction file valid content, or is it "empty" without transactions inside ? (header/ footer line, several line items)

If file OK, pls try to run PRCC --> without indicating file path and name <--

After "execute", you will get pop up to select file from your PC/ network. This makes sure to have the selection of file correct.

(I have the feeling that you need to tick the "file not local" box if file is on PC)

Same effect, or different result?

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

First of all thanks a lot for your reply.

The correction file which I am trying to process has 5000 + records. The file has Footer and header both. I am also sure that PRCC is able to read it properly but not able to process it. When I am checking the log in PRTA it is capturing the Run No. correctly which means the header is being read by the Program PRCC.

Let me know if my analysis is incorrect here.

As suggested by you. I tried with File not Local. When It is checked the program is not executing when I removed it and executed the program PRCC, it is giving me a pop up to select the file. After selection and execution it is the same result as it was before. Successfully perfored but no records in PRCCD and PRCCE.

I noticed one thing here while selecting the file from the pop up. It is asking for a .CCD file type where as my file which we created from PRCCF was downloaded as .txt. Could this be an issue bcoz the format changed so he is not able to process?

I have two questions here.

1. Does it always have to be a .CCD file for PRCC to run? Please confirm.

I changed the file extn from .txt to CCD but it did not work. May be i should try downloading afresh one from PRCCF as .ccd and then try.

Also could you please tell me when I am running these file and things are not getting updated then on second attempt I am getting the standard error as "

Settlement run with number 1028201309 has already been

imported. An error occurred during import. "

2. What is the stadard process and steps to correct this error?

Will wait for your reply.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Got some of my issue resolved.

The file has to be a CCD format to process. I generated a new error log from PRCCF and named it as .ccd and it worked.

Now the question is how do I change the incorrect file with that 5000+ records which got genrated as .txt instead of .CCD.

IS there any table or program to regenerate this as .ccd? As you know once you genrate this from PRCCF, sap clears the log of errors so I am not able to regenerate it. Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply change file extension of existing file from .txt to .ccd manually.

correct format has been written by prccf. Extension is simply added, technically it is flat file without further formatting.

anyway i would have expected it to work as .txt as well. Only thing is, file selection screen is defaulted with .ccd and will not display .txt files in directory. Can be switched to "all files"

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried that but it didn't work. Looks like the person opened the .txt file and changed something. hence it is though changed to ccd file but it is not able to process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, you can do manual changes in the file, but you need to know exactly what to do, and where.

In case of manual changes in an invalid way, you normally get error message during PRCC, as it is most likely to have something changed in an invalid way. Just not working at all is not the usual way.

If you already changed inside the file and it no longer works, you need to know what has been changed and reverse it. Second chance to regenerate same file again is not part of standard.

But you can go to the table behind PRCCE (PTRV_CCC_something), where you will find all entries which have ever been in error state. If you e.g. remove the correction dates, PRCCE will display again, and you can restart correction file.

File format does not really matter, as long as it is position based text file. Upload and download report do not take care of file extension, as the whole filename is handled as a string. Content matters.

So you can have .txt .ccd .atx .michael or .tapas files,as long as data inside is in expected format and check sums in footer line are correct.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let me know the standard process to correct a terminated run. I would like to know the exact process when we get an error as   " Settlement run with number XXXXXXXXX has already been imported. An error occurred during import. ".

I know we can go to a standard report in debug mode to make the Completion Falg as X but that should be the last option. So what is the primary and most approcable standard process to correct such errors?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys, please help.. Need it urgently. The process after correction of PTRV_CCC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

unable to provide help based on description

what is error message in PRCCE?

Process is to create new file with PRCCF, and to upload the file again with PRCC.

If you still have same or different error, transaction will end up in PRCCE again. So it is important to know error message stored in PRCCE.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok.. I will attach the error screen shot. In the mean time can you tell me if there a different process for correction for Amex and Diners seperately or is it the same through PRCCF. Generate teh file. Save it in Dektop and then process it directly from PRCC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

all the same, except for provider code in the file

you can have errors caused by

HR master data

currency issues

trip lock issues

customizing issues

Credit card data errors are mainly checked during upload. So if the file itself had been corrupted, transactions normally will not end in PRCCE as they do not come that far.

With correction process, items will not be deleted from error list but get flagged with correction date and will no longer be visible in PRCCE.

Using table view behind PRCCE, all items with their line number are always still visible.

So check line items number in PRCCE to make sure new items have been created.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally

Will you be able to help on this.