cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routine creation but not transferring to another server .. program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Generally we can move transport request easily from one server to another server but as per my knowledge if we create one routine after if we move that request from one server to another server we may face one problem that request wont be transferred directly.... at the time we have to run one program .. May i know that program name

thanks a lot ....  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need to run RV80HGEN in SE38

G. Lakshmipathi

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I have a query.

If I am not wrong we have to run it after we Transported the Routine TR to the Production.

Please clarify if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Suman$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman

You are right.  The said program has to run in Quality and Production after moving the routine to the respective client; only then, it would be activated.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

I have transported routines many times without running this program and they worked accurately. Is there some special requirement to run this program?

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM

many times without running this program and they worked accurately

Really interesting since sometime back in one of my earlier projects, we had some dump error and we were unable to find out the root cause of the issue.  Finally, OSS message was raised and we have been advised to run the said program since we moved one zee routine to production and subsequently, the above program was not executed, which was causing the issue.  Also if you go through the note 598475, there is a mention as follows:-

If an existing VOFM is changed, you must still insert the RV80HGEN manually into the transport request.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you sir for explaining but I am really surprised why it always worked in my case and I never faced any issue in transporting the routine. I faced issue in condition tables sometime but routines always worked fine. If I face I will use this program. Thank you for letting me learn something new from your post once again

Thank$

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See also SAP Note 22808 - Transferring formulas

Regards

Eduardo

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for sharing-which is more helpful for me.

Phanikumar

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think

RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE

WE HAVE TO RUN THIS PROGRAM