cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the old Client copy stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Expert,

You all must be wondering about why CC would be at this place, but I can tell you, we must have done many CC, but I would be asking need some more thinking process ?

1. During client copy, does the jobs also get copied? and what would be the status after the cc?

2. What is the idle profile to get sap_all or sap_proc or something else for have all the prd related data?

3. Can someone provide with the list of tables which could be excluded, i mean the log tables, which are huge ones in terms of no of records and size?

I know one of them is TST03 (spool table which I am thinking of excluding?). Any other tables, would be helpful.

4. Any suggestion on copying 2 TB of data? Remote servers and CC needs to be done .

Exp/Imp  SCC8., SCC7 or remote CC using SCC9?

5. If the jobs are not getting copied, what are the tables to copy having the same variant and whatever is attached to job?

I would appreciate for more feedback.

Thank you all...

Br,

P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

a lot of questions...

1.Jobs are stored in client independent tables and so they are not copied

2.SAP_ALL to copy the entire client without change documents (not necessary for your purpose)

3.you should not exclude tables in my point of view, let the cc exclude what is not necessary without your help

4.cc is not recommended above 500gb , the import of 2TB could take ages... Db copy is my suggestion!

5.this i have to check if it is possible

Speak you later

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. If jobs are not getting copied, what are the tables to be imported in target to have the jobs?

2. I am confused with the change document? I hope to check again on the requirement.

3. 4. As you are right, I would prefer to have Exp/Imp of the client.

My required is to have client on production, but because we do not want to have any downtime, we want to build another instance (with the same name) and copied the client to new client in prd. So in short, instead of doing local cc, we are doing remote cc from different data centers.

5. I have to check on the jobs as well...

Thank you.

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRJOB is the required table you need to export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

So

1.TBTC* are the tables where jobs are stored but if you transport those (even respecting the right client) you'll find a lot of fun to match job ids source to the target one. Meaning dont do it! If the jobs are so important for you, perform a DB copy.

2.180949 - CC-INFO: change documents for a client copy (for your purpose you dont need this...)

3.4. TRUST ME! you need an ONLINE db copy. I did lot of these without downtime (whats your database engine)

5. forget how to transport jobs, with an online dbcopy you will have your jobs and you will thank me 

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A,

1. Since the CC would be done on the same server, I will check if the jobs  are required in this new client.

2. Change document contains the spool and other log related information, which I dont think it would be required now?

3. Sorry but I am not clear when you say db copy? we are talking abt client copy into existing prd server itself. Now whether Exp/Imp or Remote client copy is in Question now?

Br,

P   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I am assuming the following.

1) you have a 2 TB SAP PRD system. ECC i think. now you have been asked to create another client on the same PRD system. Are these assumptions correct ?

2) if above assumptions are correct, i think local client copy is the only option. this can be done for a 2 TB system, provided you have loads of space, loads of time. also normally it is recommended that people dont work on the source client while the client copy is in progress. So you will also need loads of downtime.

3) The strange thing is , that i cannot understand the need for such a client copy in the PRD environment itself. the stuff you are talking about is pretty drastic.

4) if you want this extra client to test stuff , as PRE prod or even as QAS, I would strongly suggest you make a new system completely without doing major surgery on your PRD system.

5) The last ditch trial would be the client copy using R3trans. this is a bit faster and more stable. but this is even more dangerous , especially when you are doing this on your PRD system.

All in all , i think this is a bad idea and you need to convince your management that this is not the way to go ....whatever it is that they want.

regards

shirish joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

P

im confused now.

can you explain me if you desire a new client in the same live instance and db(which sounds me risky business with 2TB... let me know if you want me to explain why) or a new instance and db in the live server (which can be done with db-copy online)

Let me know and ill give you my advice

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirish,

1. yes your assumption is correct.

2. local cc is not the option because, we dont have downtime and no users should be locked.

3. ..given a task now..cant help

4. As mentioned, the only option for not having the downtime and making new client on the prd is to have this way around for 2TB of data...

5. Exp on the source is okay since nobody would be login to it...while imp, the server is still up and users logged in, what are the chances of breaking the import??? What are the ways to do || import if any?

hi A,

As stated above, the Cc is to be done on the same prd box, where client is open and business going on. just to avoid the downtime, this way has been suggested for us? No option.

Br,

P