cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Developer Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the SAP NETWEAVER APPLICATION Developer Edition in a pc with WIN7 but it stops with the following:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :ABAP processes of instance NSP/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:10 minutes. Giving up.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL.

You can look in the attach file where I have put the log file.

I want to install it in order to be trained in ABAP.

Thanks in advance

Elias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elias,

Please paste the sapinst_dev from location C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL.

Please check whether any spaces in the installation media folders, if you have, please remove the spaces in folder name and try.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartik,

My laptop is a WIN 8.1 and I could not continue after INSTALL DATABASE CLIENT. Of course I had a message with the following:

Operating System Version Condition not met HIGH The following Windows operating system version is supported: Windows Server 2003 (i. e. Version 5.2) and Windows Server 2008 (i. e. Version 6.0). Current Windows version: Version 6.2, Service Pack 0.0, product type: Workstation. You can check the current version of your operating system by running winver using Start --> Run .... See also http://service.sap.com/platforms --> Product Availability Matrix. (Updated 2008-01-29) Click here
Names of well-known groups Could not check HIGH Could not evaluate this condition/prerquisite. To find out why, check the WARNINGs in the log. Checking the names of selected well-known groups. The following names were expected: "everyone, users, guests, power users". The following names were found: "not available". If they do not match, it is most probably because you are not using an English international version of Windows but a localized one instead. Only English international versions of Windows are supported. See also SAP Note 362379. (Updated 2005-06-24) Click here
Swap Size Condition not met MEDIUM For the selected services at least 20480 MB swap space are recommended. Current value: 6144 MB. (Updated 2005-06-24)

and I understand why.

So I create with VMWARE a WIN7 installation and the only problem with prerequisite was

Operating System Version

Condition not met

HIGH

The following Windows operating   system version is supported: Windows Server 2003 (i. e. Version 5.2) and   Windows Server 2008 (i. e. Version 6.0). Current Windows version: Version   6.2, Service Pack 0.0, product type: Workstation. You can check the current   version of your operating system by running winver using Start --> Run   .... See also http://service.sap.com/platforms --> Product Availability   Matrix. (Updated 2008-01-29)

Click here

Swap Size

Condition not met

MEDIUM

For the selected services at least   20480 MB swap space are recommended. Current value: 6144 MB. (Updated   2005-06-24)

I want to study ABAP. Can I install SAP and play with ABAP in my PC?

The file is a ZIP one. So please rename it to sapinst_dev.zip.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ellias,

To study abap, please download SAP Netweaver AS ABAP 7.03 SP04 64-bit trail from here

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/30a6dbb2-a774-2e10-ee83-9f6432973545

the above media can be installed on windows 7 OS, afte that you have to set the swap size of 20 GB, better to partition one drive and set this drive for swap memory. On setting swap memory right click my computer --> properties --advanced system settings --advance --performance settings --advanced -- virtual memory (change)-select that 20gb drive - custom size-set in 20400 to 20401--OK.And set the other drives none

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I managed to install it.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Elias,

Good Luck with your ABAP Training.

Regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bad thing is that I stuck because I tried to create a Z program with BCUSER and is asking me for an ACCESS KEY and I do not know what to do.

Elias

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elias,

You can't create access key, unless you have validated licensed product.

Whenever you want to create a customized Z program or change standard program you need to register that particular object in SAP service marketplace. For that, you need licensed software along with that your system needs to be added in SMP.

Which client you are using for creating Z program.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartik,

I found the answer here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3179464 .

Can you help me on this problem: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3445529  .

Thanks in advance

Elias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Job Sir!!

It really helps...

thanks!

Answers (0)