Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed data load

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

when i try to load data by clicking the load data folder it fails to load-- but i am pretty sure the data exists in the planning book....how do i retrieve the data and put it in place ?  your suggestions are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think you have not selected any input for the highlighted planning book. Please note that in left hand side of the planning book you will find a tool bar at the top. Let's call this the LHS toolbar.

Click on the first icon from left (which is for "View Selection"). You will see a drop down which would have following options

Selections

Data Views

Macros

Overview

Click on Overview.

Now you should see that the left hand side part of planning book is vertically divided into 4 parts. Top most part is for selection, 2nd part is of "Selection Profile", 3rd part is "Planning book / Data view" and last part is "Macros"

You should select some Product location combination using the first part. For this again concentrate on the LHS toolbar (Note that now it would have different options than the ones seen in above snapshot). Click on the 2nd icon from left (red-yellow-green colored icon). Now you will be prompted to select objects.

Eg. Select APO Location-Product in "Show". Then select APO location and APO product in the rows beneath and input an appropriate value against them. Adopt the selection (press F8).

Now select a row and finally click on "Load data" folder on right hand side.

Hope my instructions are clear enough to take you through.

Regards,
Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

I can see that you were trying to load the data view. Thats not possible.

YOU CAN LOAD SELECTION ID's IN A PLANNING BOOK / DATA VIEW.

Just double click the data view and select your selection ID ( if you have any ) and try loading the data. You shouldn't face any problem.

Thanks,

Regards

Emani